Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Watch your whispers

edited January 2009 in - Website Problems
If you post consecutive whispers on a thread, they combine on the first whisper to the second person you've whispered to. Be aware in case you want to keep your whispers strictly private. Mine wouldn't have been a major problem as it was on the one word challenge... even so...a quick edit was needed to avoid confusion!

Comments

• I posted this to Webbo earlier in the week.

Could be very embarrassing.
  • You said THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • And THAT!!!!!!!
  • edited January 2009
    I think your right...quite embarrassing...

Do you mind keeping it down to a whisper in here..? Esp. you Stan.
  • Now a whisper to robin has combined with a whisper to Baggy Books.
  • my whisper just combined. I see now
  • LOL! Behave yourself Stan!
  • edited January 2009
    So you are!

Me misbehaving?

ah!

This whisper thingy is working right!

But the bouncing things isn't!
  • Can I hear someone whispering? ;)
  • It's probably Baggy breaking wind, Stan
  • Of course! ;)
  • You're all complete and utter bastards!!
  • Ooh, sorry...that was supposed to be a whisper ;)
  • [quote=bored_robots]Ooh, sorry...that was supposed to be a whisper[/quote]

To ALL of us?

I'm just about to go and jump off the end of my bed. I can't believe you all feel that way. *sobs into first thing to hand, a strangely unwelcoming mouse mat*
  • [quote=Liz]To ALL of us? [/quote]

No, just a select few :)

Myself included :D
  • *feels excluded*

Oh.
  • You may be one of the select few though, Baggy.
  • [quote=Liz]jump off the end of my bed[/quote]
    To do the job properly, you need a tall building, or the Severn Bridge, or some such.
  • Whispers aren't actually private you know.

They're private to the rest of the board but everyone at Writing Mag can read them.
  • True. More like a Shout Out. (Actually, I didn't know that. I thought it was only TB mods who could see them.)
  • Well, who are TB Mods?

People who work at Writing Mag and, probably, other Talkbackers.
  • [quote=dora]Well, who are TB Mods?

People who work at Writing Mag and, probably, other Talkbackers.[/quote]

No, Dora. No Talkbacker is a moderator, just a couple of WM staff. Webbo will confirm that if you are concerned. I remember Webbo said on another occasion that he/other mods would only look at whispers if there was any question of bullying or nasty comments reported.
  • Yes, I've read that too, Jon respects whispers. He is an upright, trustworthy person.
  • [quote=Carol]Webbo will confirm that if you are concerned.[/quote]

Who is Webbo? Do we know?
  • Yes, we know. It is Jon. The other moderators are sometimes different but use the 'Talkbackmoderator' title.
  • No, it's not Jon anymore.

Hasn't been for a while.
  • Jonathan, Dora.
  • LizLiz
    edited June 2013
    [quote=dora]No, it's not Jon anymore.[/quote] Really?
  • The comment on 'Who's on WN etc' by Webbo is definitely sounding like Jonathan. It's his style of writing exactly. How do you know it isn't him?
  • And what about the comments on 'Outlook v Hotmail' that include reference to 'Mrs Webbo', and the conversational tone that implies that he knows us from former conversations?
  • Ooh the intrigue!
    No, it's me and 99% of the time just me - not sure why you'd think otherwise Dora. On very rare occasions, usually when I'm away, there might be another "webbo" appear, but on past performance, she usually just says I'm not here and is trying to get to grips with it in my absence!
    I can arrange to see whispers, but will only look at them if a complaint has been made.
    We also have TAM, who is not me but has no privileges beyond stickying and unstickying, and cannot see whispers.
  • I thought they could see whispers if there was a complaint?
  • Phew. Began to doubt my sanity and ability to know who is whom. *lies down*
  • *thinks Liz is easy to trick*

Indeedly.
  • I'M Webbo...no, Spartacus...no, Batman...erm.
  • Shouldn't you be training, running off that ice cream?
  • [quote=Webbo]No, it's me and 99% of the time just me - not sure why you'd think otherwise Dora.[/quote]

Pushing your luck, ain't you, Webbo, contradicting dora?
  • [quote=Carol]Jonathan, Dora.
    [/quote]

Yeah that's right Carol

Jonfun. :)
  • [quote=dora]Who is Webbo? Do we know? [/quote]

Honestly Dora, it's our ole familiar Webbo (Jonathon), honestly. No need to worry. And there is an assistant Webbo too, and she always says who she is.
  • I'm not convinced.
  • Oh the DORA makes me tremble and knock me knees! ;)