Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Weird Dreams, Part 2

edited June 2009 in - Reading
Does anyone knows what it means to dream of an angel that had lost his wings?

I've checked out Dream Dictionaries, but none of the definitions feel right.

Comments

• Sounds a bit like you've discovered adults/your parents/teachers are only human!
  • Right. Here's last night's two dreams for the price of one.

I put a photo in local paper of someone I know with a funny anecdotal story. It was funny, but a bit of a dig at him. He tells me he’s ok about it, but it might cause a problem with his business, so could I put something in to make it clear it’s a joke.

I agree, but aren’t sure I can get it done. Just as I’m starting to seriously worry about it, I tell myself that it doesn’t matter because it’s just a dream.

I am trying to shower…in a toilet. Not the cubicle in public kind of toilet, but a toilet. I was stood in the loo, trying not to topple over. I wasn’t embarrassed, just a bit peeved because it was difficult to do. There was water.
  • Bet you were glad to wake up, Baggy Books!
    I wouldn't know how to interpret that one, Stirling. Maybe someone special to you needs your help. Maybe you're trying to achieve something and can't and feel frustrated.
  • I think mine are easier to unravel. I'm always larking around, but hopefully know when to draw the line. I was discussing my Blog with someone on Friday and told them I would never use a photo if I thought the subject would be upset.

With regards to the toilet/shower - I think it was triggered by our discussions last week about toilet dreams. Maybe I just want to come clean over them?
  • LOL! BB You makes me larf, you does!
    I'm not sure I'd read too much into interpreting dreams. Many of them are just our brains clearing out cookies (hey, get me, IT technobabble!) and although some of them might be 'interpretable', most are just random hits, If they mean something, I'm in deep deep dudu!
  • I have to agree, I make me larf too!

:)
  • I think the recurring dreams are the relevent ones.
  • I suspect that is true, otherwise why would they keep repeating and repeating: but I'll make my own interpretations, thank you and don't need a dream dictionary or a sigh-Kigh-a Tryst !!!
  • Anymore strange dreams this morning peeps?
  • Yes. Unfortunately.

I dreamt I was working for Marks and Spencer. But couldn't decide if it was M&S or M & S - see thread about RadioTimes.

I was working for them as a budget and costings manager (sort of my current day job) and was moved to their Head Office. This was actually in my town - I was told in my dream that not many people knew it was there...

I had to go to their restaurant and sample their food. I had a massive cream cake. Then a very irate union rep had a go at me before two blokes tried to chat me up before realising I was their boss.
  • Cream cakes, men, authority...what does it all mean?
  • You want something out of the ordinary for yoru future, but you're happy to stay with the amount of responsibility you've got already; you want people around you to recognise your worth. That's my rough guess.
  • Darn it. I'd better take the cream cakes back to the shop.
  • I dreamt I was holiday with my family and we were standing on the balcony overlooking the ocean. I saw a ripple effect spreading from the sand, outwards, then moments later the sea was slowly sucked back.

I told my family to get inside and shut the windows and doors. The first wave struck, shaking the hotel, then a second one, then huge tsunami broke all the windows and smahed through the building and threw my mother through the patio windows, but she was OK. My warning had saved everyone. And we carried on with the holiday as if nothing had happened.
  • Oh God. That's a shocking one.
  • Very scary.
  • [quote=Red]And we carried on with the holiday as if nothing had happened[/quote]

That's the bit where you should have realised it was a dream!

I like BB's M&S dream. It just sounds like she has an alternative life going on there.
  • That's dreams for you, Lou.

Last night I was thinking about organising a short break, and discussing a forthcoming holiday, and I think that sparked something in my subconsciousness.
  • I had another this morning. I was at a theme park, minding my own business and enjoying the rides. Then I bumped into everyone from this forum... who had all come on several coaches. Mad. Completely mad.
  • Did you bump into me? If soooo, whatcha do???
  • Yeah I bumped into you...how could I not? You stood and watched while I went on a white knuckle ride. You and loads of others, pointing as I whooped and waved like a maniac.
  • LOL!!! Yeah that'll be me!
  • My mind boggles. It kind of didn't end, I just woke up and that was it, but it was so distinct it stuck in my mind.
  • I was like that with one when I was in space. This was ages ago.

I was in Space with GA but more importantly Spice Girls.

It was sooooooo weird. Particulaly the bit with VB in it...
  • edited June 2009
    In this morning's dream...

I was watching a TV programme about something which happened in the 70's.

There was a discussion about the strange behaviour of Alsation dogs. To demonstrate this, they cut to a clip of a lion on a busy beach, swimming ashore (?). It was swimming really fast and catching waves like a surfer. It was was so fast it just crashed through the line of washing (?). Obviously the crowds panicked and rushed out of the water (a la Jaws). When they realised the lion was with them, they all turned around and rushed back in.

Then I woke up...
  • edited June 2009
    Dramatic, and panoramic too. Definitely one for the big screen, BB. Can you figure out any cause for such a dream?

My dream last night was more vivid than usual: I had killed someone. I didn't feel particularly guilty about it because somehow it was a person who had to be killed, and I don't remember doing it either; but everyone around me didn't know the person was murdered yet, nor did they know my guilty secret except my boss. And he told me I had better get out of there before everyone found out. Then I developed worried feelings about what was going to happen to me, the police would be on the look out for me, I was guilty of a crime, etc. It doesn't sound very interesting, but the strength of guilty worry was powerful.
  • [quote=Dwight]Can you figure out any cause for such a dream?[/quote]

I honestly can't think of anything which triggered it.

And yours...?
  • I dreamt I was in 6th form in a photography lesson.

TB and work exp. assembleys don't mix.
  • Sounds like a yearning for photography. But I'd steer clear of work experience...or TB?
  • No, BB. I'm not one for guilty secrets and certainly wouldn't kill anyone. I had a good dream for a story line the other night, involving worms. It was frightening at the time but could be made a whole lot worse :).
  • Last night I was trying to find a loo...

Got into the cubicle, there was no lock and no toilet seat. I was naked.
  • Oh that ones easy. It means you have run short of sun cream!
  • One of the famous toilet dreams! :)
  • Being somewhere and you are naked is apparently a common dream.

http://dreammoods.com/cgibin/nakeddreams.pl?method=exact&header=dreamid&search=nakedintro
  • You trying to say I'm common??

:)
  • Of course not!!!!
    ;)
  • edited June 2009
    Good. Because I can assure you, there's nothing common about me being naked in a gents loo. Ooops I didn't mention it was a gents, did I?
  • Ah, that puts a different slant on things!
  • BB - I suggest you don't say anything further until you have contacted your legal advisor! :)
  • But if I did that, I'd never be allowed to speak again.
  • nodded off after lunch [not unusual] and dreamt about BISON IN THE LIVING ROOM !!!!

'Black Beauty' was on one of the digi channels when I dropped orf and in this dream we had some horses which grazed and romped in a field visible through the big panoramic window and they kept coming up to the window rubbing their heads along the window and looking at me and I got the feeling they were trying to tell me something.
    The front door had been left open and these BISON just sort of sauntered in.

When I awoke [or was woken by something] I was looking for something to bang to shoo/scare them out. In the dream, my OH was just sitting there reading and not noticing the Bison.

Am I having communication problem with my OH? Who isn't/doesn't. But why BISON?

weird. :-)
  • Bison are deceptively agile creatures. I suspect that deep down you feel your OH is a powerful beast and very agile when aroused.
  • Cue for old joke about bison and buffalo.
  • Perhaps Baggy would dream about a Bison in the Buff :)
  • Dreamt I witnessed a murder last night.

I was walking down a road and this foreign looking guy pulled up in a smart Mercedes, offering me a lift. I declined.

I felt uneasy and thought he was going to circle back and attack me.

So, I slipped into a doorway. As I peered out, a door opened and this other bloke came out with a body, threw it to the ground and disappeared (as in I don't know where he went - not there was a puff of smoke).

I managed to use my mobile to call the police.

I woke up pondering if I should include the bit about the Mercedes guy in my statement, or whether that was just irrelevant.

*checks notes*

Nope. No Bison, buffed or otherwise.
  • Just buff in the loo then
  • I had an odd dream last night - unfortunately online dream dictionaries do not have my specific dream [I wonder why?] and if I patch together the individual aspects then the seem to contradict each other!

I dreamt that I was in a house near some trees and there was a thunderstorm outside - but it was no ordinary thunderstorm!

The lightning was so powerful it was blowing up the lights in the house one by one, and when you looked out of the window the clouds that were rolling over were...well...it is difficult for me to describe...the clouds were on fire! They were definitely clouds, just firey ones...

The thing is by the definitions I've looked up this means my emotions are about to be released, at the same time as being stifled, and that I'm depressed at the same time as passionate...or something!
  • edited December 2009
    Perhaps a new passion is about to explode into your life...;)

Any plans for a new hobby or interest?