Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Woman's Own Chat Room

edited June 2010 in - Resources
Does anyone have the Woman's Own 'Chat Room' email address? A neighbour passed on her copy of the last issue to me, but she'd torn out a coupon or something that had that information on the back. Irritatingly, this didn't dawn on me until I'd written a 250 word opinion piece to submit. I've tried without success to find it on line and can't get into town at the moment to buy my own copy. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Comments

• Have you tried googling WO?
  • Might be able to link to it via the magazine publisher's website (if you know which one it is).
  • Is this it?

http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/chat/board/133/woman-s-own-magazine.html
  • Thanks for your suggestions, but I've had no luck with any of those. I think the answer will have to come from the relevant page in the magazine.
  • The only Womans Own I have is a few months old, but here is the address from the Chat Room page -
    Chat Room
    Woman's Own
    Blue Fin Building
    110 Southwark Street
    London
    SE1 0SU
    It asks for true stories to make them laugh or things you want to rant about in a max of 250 words. With a few details about yourself and a photo. You can also choose to email it to
    [email protected]
  • I haven't read WO since my children were small, but I suppose I could send off my underpants story to that...
  • Sounds the sort of topic you'd be best writing a funny poem about Liz. But I expect you already have!
  • Well, it does say true stories to make them laugh, and it is a true story. Sadly. About a mum in a playground. Me.

I can't write about myself in poetry...
  • Thanks, Viv. I'll give your suggestion a try.
  • Update: my submission bounced back, so presumably the address has changed. Unless anyone has a more recent copy of Woman's Own to hand, I'll have to send Mr Montholon out to find one.
  • I think the email for WO is
    [email protected]
    If that bounces try co.uk
  • I have a Woman's Own chat room in my house.

It is called the bathroom where I go, lock myself away and
    screeeeeeeeeeeeeeam at myself in the mirror, then I come back out again
    and float around the room with my fairy feather duster.
  • Thanks, Wordy. [email protected] worked like a charm. Fingers crossed now that the editor doesn't bounce my submission back!
  • Pleased it worked OK. Good luck.