Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Somewhere to take the kids in the holiday

edited August 2010 in Off-topic
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1300162/Raoul-Moat-funeral-The-mother-took-children-hero-killers-memorial.html

This mother said she thought it was a good place to take the kids as it's hard to know what to do with them in the holidays!

'They enjoyed it. It was better than Legoland or any other theme park. We took a packed lunch and the kids liked going to the funeral.'

Comments

• What's betting that at least one of those kids goes of the rails. Sometimes I dispair.
  • The DM must be wetting themselves over this non story. Single mum possibly, on benefits, football tops, hoodies, tattoos the ideal shooting target for that paper. I wouldn't be surprised if the DM had paid for them to travel there.

Pathetic woman who has received some attention and the wrath of the DM hunting gang who have once again been taken in. Is the world any better for this being brought to our attention? I think the papers have a responsibility to stop searching for these items and the people in them to sell papers by fuelling some pseudo anger.
  • I feel for the poor kids, it must really mess with there heads
  • [quote=SilentTony]The DM must be wetting themselves over this non story. Single mum possibly, on benefits, football tops, hoodies, tattoos the ideal shooting target for that paper. I wouldn't be surprised if the DM had paid for them to travel there.

Pathetic woman who has received some attention and the wrath of the DM hunting gang who have once again been taken in. Is the world any better for this being brought to our attention? I think the papers have a responsibility to stop searching for these items and the people in them to sell papers by fuelling some pseudo anger.[/quote]
    Well said, ST!
  • I am speechless............
  • That's a first! :)
  • Me being speechless? ;)
  • lol. It is weird. Why would teenage kids go to legoland?
  • Why would teenage kids go to a murderer's funeral? I'd rather go Legoland.
  • Surely not!