Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Book Club - Review Offer

edited October 2010 in Off-topic
Does anybody require independant feedback on their writing? I run Caffeine and Chapters Social Book Club and I'm looking for new original work to review and maybe publish in my monthly newsletter (subject to the authors consent and accompanying copyright info). This work would be in the form of essays, poetry and short stories on any topic.

We are a club of 10 members based on the Gold Coast in Australia, none of us are writers but we are all avid readers. We also have overseas and interstate members who receive a copy of our monthly newsletter.

I personally would also be happy to read and review a new novel or work in progress for feedback. My tastes are wide ranging from horror and science fiction to the classics. I also enjoy a bit of of comedy (PG Wodehouse style especially).

I can be contacted on [email protected], or for more information about our club, and to view past newsletters please go to http://caffeineandchapters.blogspot.com/

Comments

• If the work was published in your newsletter, wouldn't this cause copyright problems for writers wishing to send their work elsewhere?
  • Well, Jenny's query aside, it's a lovely project. I've just looked at the most recent newsletter and you do seem to be enjoying yourselves!

I wish you well with the enterprise.
  • What a good idea - not for me, but good luck with it, Maxine
  • Not being a writer I'm not sure about the copyright issue. , I was just concerned that if I published a piece of work in my newsletter it was 'out there' to maybe be plagerised by someone and I would like to think the author could be protected from that?
  • Maxine. We had to get our own competition on her shielded as Private because any story published there was deemed 'published' and some people won't touch it if that happens. It's a tricky minefield, you may not get many people wanting to be part of it.
  • It's a shame there's so much red tape, but I guess that's just the way things are these days. Good luck to everyone :)
  • Good luck to you Maxine, too.

I might shock you by sending something!