Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

I met Mark Stacey today.

edited October 2010 in Off-topic
Went to an antique fair today, near me, not been to one for years. Mark Stacey had a stall. I said 'oo i watch you on Bargain Hunt' :) Had a long chat he seems a really nice guy.

Comments

• Describe him- is his thin with glasses?
  • He's the one on the left ..

http://www.roomscape.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/DSC02916-300x400.jpg
  • Ah him. He comes over as quite nice on tv, cheerful.
  • Don't know him, but I recognise the bloke on the right.
  • yes it's kateyanne on the right
  • The incorrigible Dora! :D
  • Jenny you should know better by now than to encourage me.
  • edited October 2010
    You don't need any encouragement!!!

PS What were you like at school?
  • punctual, clean uniform, homework always done neatly and in on time, Straight 'A's on EVERYTHING i did,

:)

loved story writing in English :)

hated The Merchant of Venice, though I did get a trip to Stratford on Avon out of it. :)

adored my Maths teacher, :) but hopeless at maths. :(
  • truly madly sheepily "baaaaaaaaa"
  • And there I was imagining you as the naughty girl of the class, sitting in the back row and getting up to mischief!
  • silly billy you. ;)
  • Yep that's him!
    My photo with him is on my blog here is the link.

http://shirleysblogonherwritingandstuff.blogspot.com/2010/10/mark-stacey-and-me.html
  • Lovely photo of you both!
  • yes it is a nice photie, kateyanne. :)
  • Did you buy anything from him?
  • No he mainly had china things which I am not in to I collect powder compacts now and found two Stratton ones on another stall.
  • I'm glad you found something you wanted!
  • There's a big antiques fair at Ardingly next week so hope to find more there. You never know I might see Mark again they may even be filming Bargain Hunt!
  • Judging by his appearances on Flog It and Bargain Hunt I suspect he has a wicked sense of humour. I just wish he would get his teeth cleaned up.
  • Why B? Are they for sale too?
  • Oh yes, I know what B Darter means.

He belongs on the Icky fred.
  • i didn't notice anything...
  • Not even the spinach .... ?
  • Poor old Mark. If he was in a US TV show, he'd have to have teeth that were so white they glowed!!
  • He probably can't afford it he doesn't get much for doing BH hence the stall in the antique fair.
  • Is that what he told you? :)
  • his friend told me who was on a stall next door.
  • Kateyanne, have you fancied going on Bargain Hunt? They are always asking for contestants.
  • That's a good idea. It would be great to see a TBer making a profit - or not!
  • Oh yes I applied last year to go on with my daughter. Mark said there is a two year waiting list.
  • edited October 2010
    You should send that photo to Best, kateyanne - see the 'which magazines for tips' thread.
  • What would the tip be about? Teeth whitening?
  • Which thread Heather? Do you think they would be interested in it then?
  • http://www.writersnews.co.uk/writers_talkback/comments.php?DiscussionID=167632&page=1#Item_19

Don't know if that link will work - it's currently on p2 and is called 'Shellw - anyone - which magazines for tips etc'

Shellw wrote:
    "Best £50 star letter £25 others email [email protected] your views i.e one this week was a picture of a birthday cake and smal piece on the woman who ckae it was about how nice it was because her young niece made it etc
    they also pay £50 for a picture of you with a celeb if anyone has one.'s with a few lines of writin"

Just thought it might be an idea as he is quite a well known and seemingly pleasant guy - and £50 is £50!
  • Yes you're right I will try it thanks Heather!
  • Good luck with it, Kateyanne!
  • Thanks. Done it!
  • Good luck!