Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Guess who has written his autobiography!

edited November 2010 in - Reading
George W.Bush! It's called Decision Points.

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Didn't it hit the news last week?
  • it did, seen some excerpts, what a load of drivel ...
  • i wouldn't waste my precious time reading such rubbish, i wonder how many he'll sell though
  • You mean to say he has an IQ after all???
  • I wonder which expensively paid ghost writer wrote it for him ...
  • Sorry if it's old news - I've only just got round to reading the book reviews.
  • edited November 2010
    having an IQ might be pushing it a bit !!!
  • I wonder if he has read it?
  • edited November 2010
    :)
    Can he read?
  • Don't misunderestimate him everyone.
  • It shouldn't be allowed.
  • How long do you think it will be before it's in the remaindered bookshops for a fiver? :)
  • I bet his daddy is proud of him. :rolleyes:
  • There is no way he wrote a book. He might have coloured one in once.
  • Decision Points - that's something to do with which numbered dot to join up next isn't it?
  • No - don't be dotty! :rolleyes:
  • As much as people wish to disbelieve this GWB is a very clever man. It takes a lot to con the most powerful country in the world into going into war to give you and your friends oil companies a new and cheap supply of oil. Also to steal a whole vote from under the noses of that huge democracy while having troops overlooking voting in their countries because you thought hey may not be fair. Genius.
  • [quote=flyingtart]There is no way he wrote a book. He might have coloured one in once. [/quote]

:D

Are there more pictures than words in this book he's 'written'?
  • Tony, he spent more time playing golf than playing politics. At best he was a figure head. Or a something head, anyway. ;)
  • Lol FT a something head is right. Mind you we could have Palin doing the job in two years. Build your bunker now.
  • Or Donald Trump.
  • One of my favourite quotes by him:

“One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures.”
  • Oh! forgot:

"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?"

And:

"You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test.''
  • God Bless America's Dumbest President.
  • Tony's right: it could be Sarah Palin next! What about the IQ of those who would vote for her?
  • On the subject of US presidents, this is about JFK:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-11718369
  • http://www.thebookseller.com/news/135224-george-w-bush-beaten-by-a-wimpy-kid-in-us.html
  • I used to have a poster with George W Bush quotes on it.

My favourite was 'I'd like to thank you all for coming today to witness my hanging.'

:)
  • edited November 2010
    that's Andrew Marr's take on JFK ... best to hear it from the source, don't you think? 2013 you can.
  • [quote=SilentTony]God Bless America's Dumbest President. [/quote]
    The sequel to 'Dumb and Dumber' starring Dubya and Palin as 'Even Dumber and Dumbest'.

(Ah...seekwul...does that mean we come after....?)
  • Since Regan I've worried about the President pushing the button. Obviously you realise there is too much in the way of protocol and too much politics for that to happen. With Palin I really fear none of that will matter. It will be like a drunk mum punishing her kid for stealing her fags.
  • Who was the last competent US president?
  • Carter I'd say, but others would probably disagree. Saying that I did and still do love Clinton, the scoundrel. Yes I realise that my choices are Democratic but what else am I going to say? Mind you I respect Ford (Republican) immensely and think he sorted up a lot of Nixon's mess which Carter probably benefited from.
  • Don't be ridiculous ST you can't make a democratic choice unless you ask us all our opinion and take a majority vote.
  • I know 'aint it awful. I love democracy and the Democratic party in USA, but I'm a republican but HATE the Republican Party of the USA. The way words are shifted are mad. I also call myself a liberal but would shudder if called a Liberal, especially now, which is anti that definition.
  • Can I just chip in on the Liberals losing their Liberalness now that they're in a coalition government?

They mustn't lose it, just as the Conservatives mustn't lose their Conservativeness. At least, this is the theory, and the main point behind coalitions. The people voted, returned a wing largest party (happens to be right wing this time) and to form a workable government they formed a coalition with the party they could work with. This could hardly be the opposite wing, so it will inevitably be the centre. Therefore the government of the day will represent a majority of the voters.

But the point is that those who voted Con wanted their programme, and those who voted Lib-Dem wanted their programme. So while cooperating in government, the Cons and the Lib-Dems must try to be true to their roots. This is unavoidably 'watered down' in compromises, which is the nature of life, but thank goodness for the rest of us, they can manage to get on with governing the country and addressing its crises.
  • edited November 2010
    I've just realised there are (apparently) similarities in personality between GWB and Boris Johnson!
  • Keith Richard's biog is published this month I believe.
  • It's been out for a few weeks, I think. The Mail, brilliant as they are, did a full review, with the photo showing Keef left to right. Jan Moir did a review herself, and they had the photo showing Keef right to left ...
    I'm a solid Stones fan but not sure I want to get it.
  • Dwight if you think this is watered down Conservatism then god help us if we ever get a freeze dried version.
  • John Evelyn is my current read.
  • I don't read biographies. I think I've mentioned this before, but I don't like knowing too much about my heroes and idols. However I have an old book here called 'The Moon's a Balloon' by David Niven that I started to flick through. What a great sense of humour that man had.
  • Hi S T Bring on The Empty Horses is nearly as good I think.
  • edited November 2010
    Yeah I think I have that too. It's from a box of old books from my mum's old house. The box has been there for years and I only opened it the other night.
  • I can't get interested in fiction at the moment.