Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Did you wear a Fred Perry shirt? Write about it and win £5,000

edited November 2010 in Off-topic
My b/f used to wear one when we played tennis, have been hunting through old photos but no luck yet!

http://www.asylum.co.uk/2010/11/03/fred-perry-60-years-in-style-a-history-of-the-iconic-fashion/

Comments

• I used to, and then realised all the chavs were wearing it.
  • Funniest story I ever heard from a teacher was about those shirts. He said he was doing assembly as a last minute stand in for the head who had called in sick. He went through all the notes and school business and somebody handed him a note.

He read it, 'A lorry containing brand new Fred Perry shirts was broken into at the shopping centre close to school last night and the whole stock was stolen. If anybody knows or hears anything about this crime please report it to me or your form teacher in confidence.'

With this he looked up and saw an assembly hall of 400 lads all sitting there grinning at him wearing their brand new Fred Perry shirts under their blazers.
  • that is a great story!
  • It was our deputy head who told us that. He was always full of great stories. He was a hard man but could make you lose yourself in laughter too.
  • That would make a great TV sketch!
  • It's an amusing tale, but too predictable surely, for a TV sketch?
  • Got some lovely memories of hubby as a gorgeous mod in FPs. Can't afford them nowadays - so had better dig out the photos and enter the comp!
  • Yes go for it!