Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Midsommer

edited December 2010 in Off-topic
I never watched this first time round and have started watching the repeats on ITV at 4pm.
I am really enjoying them especially as it's not always obvious whodunnit, well not to me anyway.
Is Midsommer a county then?

Comments

• A group of villages, I believe.
  • Off to watch it now
  • Very dodgy area to live in, by the look of it!
  • We've been watching them for an age since they started repeating them. My dad claims Barnaby lives in this house.
  • I enjoy the repeats. I can catch up on the ones I missed first time.
  • Not sure who did the murder today perhaps the vicar? Part 2 tomorrow.
  • sometimes they have a scene, usually at the end, of Mr & Mrs Barnaby in bed. They must have bought their duvet cover from the same shop we did. :-)

Do you ever notice that tv characters have the same stuff as you?
  • Yes Jack and Vera Duckworth had the same pinky stripe wall paper as us.
  • I agree with you, they are great aren't they, a bit like Morse, cleveryly grafted. Like Morse, Barnaby is a thinking man's policeman. My mother met the original author of the books when my parents owned Landers bookshop in Long Melford. Now you lot get a rough idea of the whereabouts in Suffolk, I live. The first time I saw John Nettles of course was in Bergerac, does anyone remember? We first discovered them when we returned from abroad, well they appeared in the autumn and winter season. They were pretty good, escapisim at its best.