Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

One and only 2011 New Year Resolution

edited December 2010 in - Writing Problems
In 2011 I am going to fight a problem. As I have mentioned before on Writing Problems I come up with ideas, start on a project and then when another idea comes I start that one and leave the previous one behind.
Well, in 2011, my one and only New Year Resolution on Writing is to write one short story per month, edit and send them out for publishing. I am best at shorter stories as I stick to the one idea. This is the only way I can see myself succeeding in the future!
I wish everyone a GREAT Christmas and HAPPY New Year. Though it must be very hard in the UK at the moment with that bad weather. I hope it improves for you all!!!
Alana XX

Comments

• I wish you well Alana! :-)
  • go Alana, sounds like a good resolution to make!
  • Go for it Alana.
    Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year.
  • Good luck!
  • good luck, Alana
  • That's a good idea Alana.
  • Good plan, Alana - best of luck with your stories.
  • Good luck Alana.
  • that's a good idea Alana, think I'm going to follow suit :)

good luck

do you have an idea you're working on for your first story of the year?
  • Yes, I have my first idea in mind already, set the basic storyline, and done the main character's sketching. I have to now set the second character's sketching and work on the story in January.
  • All power to your eldbow!
  • How's it going Alana?

I have one story finished from a few months back that I may send out, but have to find a market for. Otherwise it'll be the story I've almost finished that I'm going to send out.
  • I wrote a story at the beginning of January and it ended up too short and the end was wrong. So I am planning to write it again from the beginning.