Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

How can I change my blog address ?

edited December 2010 in - Writing Problems
As most of you know, I have reverted to my previous name after divorce. I am waiting for the deed poll return thingy, to make it completely official.
Most of my online stuff has been easily changed back to a former email address, but I have just realised that my blog address is in my old name. Anyone know how I can change it without losing all the blog that has been going since 2008 ?

(I have a feeling I might have to make a new one and link it or something, but thought I'd ask you clever lot first)

Comments

• Are you on Blogger?
  • edited December 2010
    Yes I am

wwwbrendaabouelola.blogspot.com

this is the address that shows up for Write-Place Blog spot

I can't quite understand it because I sign in google account with my brenda gunning email address

(confused !)
  • Right, go onto Settings, then Publishing, and then change your URL (Blog address) and do the captcha thing, and tada...
  • OH , what a star you are !! Thanks pixie - just one more question... can I have any address ? I mean, I thought the address was write-place but apparently not
  • So long as it's not taken by any other user, yes. So for example, you can't have www.theworksofpixiejking.blogspot.com because that's obviously mine, but yes you can have any name you desire that suits you.
  • Thanks and thanks again, pixie. I think I 've done it properly now :)
  • :) Anytime.
  • [quote=lexia]I have reverted to my previous name after divorce. I am waiting for the deed poll return thingy, to make it completely official.[/quote] If you're going back to the name on your birth certificate, you don't need the deed (I know, because I've done it)
  • PM - I am back to my previous married name as that's the name my kids have.
    Well, it was until the girls got married ! My son still has that name though and I was this name longer than I had my maiden name so it seems more appropriate. Not looking forward to the whole list that you have to inform again, though. Bank, driving licence, car tax, car registration to name a few ! Luckily there's a tick list came with the deed docs.
  • I remember doing all that - then I moved about 3 months later and had to inform them all over again!
  • HA HA !
    I do not intend moving or changing my name EVER again.
    Even when I am extremely rich I will keep this address as a mail box and have the post sent on to my tropical villa, country retreat, ski resort or wherever I happen to be, by the butler (or the footman - whoever's role this is )
  • Can we have your new blog address?
  • Hehe - never thought of that Carol. Assumed that those who follow it will be swapped over, but maybe not.

Anyway, it's wwwrite-place.blogspot.com

(btw - how come I don't get mails when you post on yours even though I am "following" you ? )
  • Probably something to do with settings-either yours or mine.
    I'll investigate...
  • [quote=lexia]Even when I am extremely rich I will keep this address as a mail box and have the post sent on to my tropical villa, country retreat, ski resort ...[/quote] Oh, good plan - I'm doing that!

I didn't think we got e-mails when following people on Blogger - we can just see their new posts in our profile thingy?
  • PM, If you go into the settings option and click on the e-mail tab- the first section on that page, you can put in up to ten e-mail addresses and they will receive notification when a new post is up.
  • Ah, I misunderstood - thought you were referring to the follower list getting e-mails.
  • That was my mistake, PM. I think I should have said "subscribe"
  • Lexia, whisper me the e-mail address you want alerts sent to and I'll organise it on my system.
  • I'm gathering intelligence (ha! Much as a barbed wire fence gathers wool) about BlogsBloggers and Blogging so am pinging this one up for quicker reference next time
    Research.
  • Lexia are the e-mail alerts working?