Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Help with hiring

edited January 2011 in Off-topic
Hi can anyone help please.
In February our writing group is hosting a poetry, prose and pastry afternoon in the local parish hall.We need to get hold of a hands free, if possible microphone, either to hire or borrow.As all profits from this go to charity, it needs to be as cheap as possible. Do any of you lovely people know of anyone or anywhere we can get one?

Comments

• sorry, can't help with this one.
  • edited January 2011
    You could try your local Labour or Conservative club. They usually have nothing on in the afternoons but will probably have the equipment you require. Even if you have a local Royal British Legion club you could try that too. These places will be willing to help out for free if the event is to raise money for charity.

Failing this try your local music shops and tell the manager what it's all about. Some music shops even have an equipment hire section and again could be willing to let you have it for free for an afternoon for charity and a mention of their business.

Good luck with the event and hope you find a place to borrow the equipment form.
  • Wow thanks for speedy response, will try your idea`s Tony thank you very much.
  • Presumably the people from the parish hall have no contacts. Are there any nearby schools? Not sure if they'd have microphones, though. Anyone who organises local fairs/f
  • Other organisations to try are the local Lions, Rotary or Round Table clubs.
  • You need a microphone, speakers and an amplifier tooremember. You probably do know. But just in case.

You could also try your local am/dram group.
  • If you can get the equipment use free do make a point of emphasising that they have provided the equipment free- even if it is only a brief thank you.
  • Thanks for all the help, we have asked the amature dramatic group, who said they could not help. I am going to phone around tomorrow to some of your suggestions.Thanks every body, and I will make the point of mentioning any one who helps us, in both my opening introduction and the program