Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Office 2007

edited January 2011 in - Website Problems
How do you get Office 2007 NOT to leave a space between paragraphs?
I've just upgraded to Word 2007 from Word 2000 and can't find a control to switch off the upturned line between paragraphs. I'd be grateful for your help!

Comments

• You need to open the paragraph box under the Home tab. It's a little arrow in the bottom right of that box. It brings up the box for settings and there is a box and the line says don't add space between paragraphs, check that box and it will take that extra line out.
    But remember to set it each time you open the document or start a new one.
  • If you want it the same in every document when you open word click on the office button (the windows logo top left)

click on word options

click on advanced,

check click and type and default paragraph as normal. This will then become the standard for all your documents.

You can set it up to show document as if it were done in 2003 version if you really want.
  • That's a bit of the system I haven't discovered yet, thanks.
  • You can also edit what is the default if you go to page layout (third from left)

click on paragraph (under where it shows you spacing and indent) - theres a little box at the right of the word that you click on to bring the box up.

change it to whatever you want and then click on default - it will as you if you want to change it and if you do you just click on that and it sets it up for you and will be the same for all documents.
  • I'm a bugger for going 'oh what does that button do?' most of the time it doesn't land me in trouble.
  • even when I have the paragraph thing as default it still puts a space everytime and so everytime i open a new Word doc I have to check the box...so annoying