Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Why can't I copy and paste on my google blog account?

edited January 2011 in - Writing Problems
I wanted to copy and paste a poem on to the Parodies blog the other day and it wouldn't let me. Just tried again with my own blog. What am i doing wrong?

Comments

• Are you copying from Word? Here is link to Blogger help that advises not to do this because Word is full of formatting that confuses Blogger.

http://www.google.com/support/blogger/bin/search.py?ctx=en%3Asearchbox&query=copy+and+paste
  • It shouldn't really be necessary but try to paste it into Notepad first (Start > Programmes > Accessories) which will strip out any formatting. Then copy.

Also, if you're just pasting text you need to make sure you're pasting into the 'Compose' rather than 'Edit HTML' view. They're in tabs at the top right of the content area.

If/when you do manage to paste there is a Tx icon which will remove any formatting of text you have pasted, as long as you select it. (Ctrl + A will select everything).

Let us know how you get on!
  • Thanks LilyC I just added a poem to the Parodies site and it worked. I unclicked HTML as you suggested and it worked.