Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Ebooks v paperbacks (article)

edited January 2011 in - Reading
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12308374

Comments

• Journalists need to stop banging on about whether the book is dead or not. Devices like the Kindle and Sony Reader are not out to kill off paper books. Sure they will be a rare thing in the future but will still be around. I think the technology of a paper book has great advantages and that will keep it as a viable media solution.

I doubt we'll have rows and rows of paper books in shops and libraries in the near future but they won't be gone completely. We need to get away from this attitude that new technology is at the cost of old technology. It is there to improve our experiences and if some of the old stuff has a place it will remain, however small the quantity may be.
  • Agree with you about the journalists ST.

People are still buying books- I did the other day because it was the latest by one of my favourite authors- but I tend to buy e-books by authors I like but their books wouldn't class as keepers, or by authors I've not read before.
  • I'll be going to bed soon and will read for an hour or so, and don't have to worry about my paperback running out of charge!