Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Line spacing

edited February 2011 in - Writing Problems
Hello and best wishes to all from a newbie,

I am preparing a collection of stories to hand over to a local UK printer later in the year. From choice I am doing as much of the preparation work myself as I can.My chosen book size is 129mm x 198mm and the font will be size 12. What line spacing would you people out there suggest I should use?

For the record. This is not vanity stuff - the stories have already been published in various magazines and I am just bringing them all together into this form. After all, we want to make it as easy as we can for Posterity to judge us, don't we?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Others will know better than I do - but hello and welcome anyway.
  • No good asking me but I sure there will be someone on here who can tell you . In the mean time welcome
  • You might get some answers with the evening shift, but welcome in the meantime.
  • That's weird - mine and Dorothy's comments on this have disappeared!
  • Let Webbo know on the Talkback problems thread Lou.
  • I'll put mine back -
    I like to see single line spacing so it doesn't look as if you have padded it out.
    Personal choice, though, best of luck with it!
  • Hi and welcome!

I think I would have a word with the graphic designer at the printers. I am sure she/he would be able to advise you.
  • Hi, yes I agree with Kado I'd check with the printing company. Sometimes they require the layout as it will appear in the book and others want it without layout so they can work on it themselves. There may be some information on the company's web pages.