Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Creative NonFiction?

For my creative writing class I have to do a piece of creative nonfiction on Vivienne Westwood taking a different slant. I have no clue how to do this, I've been researching creative nonfiction, but am still a little unsure as to what it actually is. Has anyone here ever done this?

Comments

• Will be interested to hear how it is defined.
  • edited February 2011
    I've started biographical articles at a crisis point or dramatic incident in the person's life eg Luther banging up his 95 Thesis to the Castle door - then I backtracked to explain what events led to this and what resulted from it.
  • There's a thread on here about it. I don't know how to post the thread apart from this ...

http://www.writersnews.co.uk/writers_talkback/comments.php?DiscussionID=174162&page=1#Item_0

Hope you get it OK fmn !
  • What type of things are you interested in yourself? (I think it's easier to write about subjects you're interested in and if you're interested the chances are other people will be too) Eg did she have a hobby you know something about, was she born or ever live in an area that interests you. How about her pets, interesting relations, charities she supported?