Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Book Blogs

edited February 2011 in Off-topic
Have any of you folk had any experience with bookblogs.ning.com? I came across it some time ago and it looked like a good idea. So joined a couple of the groups. Mistake.
I was getting far too many emails from them so I changed my settings to no emails. But they still kept coming. So cancelled my registration. And they still kept coming. Even sending the whole lot to the spam box is still a pain in the wotsit because I need to check regularly for stuff that shouldn't be there.
So have any of you folk been there. Any ideas on how to unjoin or am I stuck for ever and always?

Comments

• sorry, can't help with this one. The thing is, I don't surf the net for sites, so I don't come across these things. That means in turn I can't help if someone has a problem. I can but hope another TBer has the answer.
  • Sorry no idea.
    Can only suggest you block the relevent address/es in your e-mail system so they don't get into your system.
  • Looks a busy place. Not my kind of thing. Sorry.
  • Sometimes it can take a while for changes of setting to work (I don't know about that site, but I've seen it with others) so maybe things will improve soon? If not, contact the site directly and ask for help - doesn't sound as though this is just spam advertising, so maybe there's a problem they need to address.