Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Could you rest in peace with the wrong teeth?

edited June 2011 in Off-topic
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2007621/Wife-asks-husbands-body-exhumed-realising-hes-buried-wrong-false-teeth.html

Comments

• Not sure whether to laugh or cry at this one!
    those who are cremated don't have to worry
  • We won't know about the false teeth once inside the coffin!! I don't have false teeth so this should not be a problem.
  • Yes but what if it was your false teeth that got buried by mistake? You would have to suck a packet of crisp instead of crunching them.
  • If you are a spiritual kind of person It could be a bit of a worry.
    There you are cleaning your teeth in the morning and in the mirror you see him or her reflected
    asking "wessh my teef luf" could be scary for some.

(no offensh intended).
  • Offensh - is this a new word?
  • It is if you havnt got your teeth handy
  • I can understand this - somehow you want to do what your loved one would have wanted, and no matter how much you do not believe in an afterlife or God (as I do not). I still had my mum cremated as she wished, and her ashes mixed with my dad's, so they can be forever together, as they would have wanted. I left my mum's wedding ring on her finger, as it was so important to her, as she loved my dad so much. I know that if I hadn't done that, and kept it as part of her, with me, I would have worried about her comfort in the afterlife I don't believe in!
  • Well, I wouldn't care if I was in the afterlife with the wrong teeth - I'm sure the problem could be easily fixed! However, those left behind feel very guilty if they have made a mistake like this and feel they have somehow failed their loved one, so I do sympathise. When I worked on a hospital ward for the elderly false teeth were forever going missing when semone passed on and we were never quite sure if people had got the correct ones back!
  • As a former dentist, I can tell you it happens in this life, and have been sent the wrong dentures (always a full set of course). In one case, they almost fitted the patient's mouth, with a little bit of easing, and it was only when I got the patient to close their mouth I realised we had one helluva problem! Do we need teeth inthat perfect place called heaven? Won't we, as angels, have a full natural set of pearly whites making dentists obsolete which means......does it??....we go........to the OTHER PLACE!!!!! help!!!!
  • Collect your pearly whites at the pearly gates!
  • [quote=Jay Mandal]Collect your pearly whites at the pearly gates![/quote
    Hope they are cheaper up there than down here.
  • Too Slight, I'm quite sure St Peter will let you in.