Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

WARNING - VERY DISTURBING VIDEO

edited July 2011 in Off-topic
This has really upset me this morning. First thing I saw when I cam online. Some people are sick

http://rosalindsmithnazilli.blog.com/2011/07/24/i-am-very-disturbed-today/

Comments

• Yep horrible video and horrible people. Please remember that ignorance and hatred run through every aspect of every culture and country in this world. If the children abused by the Catholic priests had been videoed (I'm sure some have) and put on You Tube maybe there would be more outrage and the Pope wouldn't be where he is now.

Every time a person judges another based on religion, ethnicity, sexuality or their background we lose a small part of that thin rope that contains the animals we really are from escaping. If we turn our shoulder on these we are no different. When people accept racist humour or disguised homophobia as harmless we give permission for these sort of scenes to take place.
  • Terrible.
  • Video has been removed from YouTube, so must have been VERY distasteful, but from what has been posted guess it's about child abuse and the Catholic Church. Fine, but let's not forget that Islam seems to accept the use of children (some as young as 10) to be used as suicide bombers, not only against our troops but even in Iraq and Afghanistan against their own. Some years ago, a client in the Pharmaceutical Industry went to Iraq during the Iran/Iraq war, and was taken to the battlefield. He was horrified to see the corpses of dozens of Iranian children, carrying WOODEN guns, and wearing 'magical' head dress 'blessed' by the Mullahs which ensured no bullets could hit them! What do WE mean by 'democracy, and what do THEY mean??
  • [quote=toothlight] let's not forget that Islam seems to accept the use of children (some as young as 10) to be used as suicide bombers[/quote]

No it doesn't and I think you need to remove that statement as it's hugely incorrect. Islam is a faith based on peace and love and would never condone the use of anybody becoming a weapon of murder never mind a child. I think you are confusing Islam and terrorist.
  • The video was actually about a Turik child being abused by adults in China.

The Taliban are the ones guilty of using children.. and even they don't do it that often..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2018248/Taliban-hang-year-old-son-police-commander.html
  • I don't think we should allow the evil acts of some to vilify a whole religion. I speak as someone who isn't religious at all. Spiritual, but not religious.
  • ST's bang on the money here - if you're tempted to make any kind of generalisation based on race, religion, belief, gender, whatever, please find another forum to do it in.
  • I tried the website but the video has been removed. Probably just as well, whatever it was, it could not have been edifying.