Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Supper anyone?

edited August 2011 in Off-topic
A guy goes into a seafood restaurant and asks to see the dishes of the day. The waiter wheels over a trolley with a large tank full of various species, and the man examines the dishes.
"I'll have the little green squid with the hairy lip, please" says the man. "An excellent choice, they have a delicate, mild flavour." replies the waiter and calls out "Gervais!"
A little French chef appears with a large knife, the waiter instructs the chef to kill the little green squid with the hairy lip.
Gervais is just about to slice at the poor squid when he notices a tear running down its face. Gervais is touched, and admits that he hasn't the heart to kill the squid..
"Not to worry" says the waiter, and calls out "Hans!!" at which an enormous German bloke comes out of the kitchen. "Sir", says the waiter, "this is Hans, the dishwasher. Hans kill that little green squid with the hairy lip!"
The dishwasher wields a huge rolling pin and is just about to bludgeon the little green squid with the hairy lip when it cringes back and gives a little cry.
"I am sorry sir, I just cannot kill the squid" Hans admits, his lower lip trembling.
"Well sir," says the waiter, "it just goes to show.
That Hans that do dishes, can be soft as Gervais, with mild green, hairy lip squid!"

Comments

• Lol. That is funny. Can't help feeling sorry for the hairy lip squid though!
  • love it. Funny. :D
  • Encore!
  • very funny
  • I laughed out loud.
  • very amusing!
  • that is a joke of groanable quality, Betsie, and very enjoyable, thank you :)
  • A duck walks into a pub and orders a pint of beer and a ham sandwich.
    The barman looks at him and says, "Hang on! You're a duck."
    "I see your eyes are working," replies the duck.
    "And you can talk!" exclaims the barman.
    "I see your ears are working, too," Says the duck. "Now if you don't mind, can I have my beer and my sandwich please?"
    "Certainly, sorry about that," says the barman as he pulls the duck's pint. "It's just we don't get many ducks in this pub.. What are you doing round this way?"
    "I'm working on the building site across the road," Explains the duck. "I'm a plasterer."
    The flabbergasted barman cannot believe the duck and wants to learn more, but takes the hint when the duck pulls out a newspaper from his bag and proceeds to read it.
    So, the duck reads his paper, drinks his beer, eats his sandwich, bids the barman good day and leaves.
    The same thing happens for two weeks. Then one day the circus comes to town.
    The ringmaster comes into the pub for a pint and the barman says to him "You're with the circus, aren't you? Well, I know this duck that could be just brilliant in your circus. He talks, drinks beer, eats sandwiches, reads the newspaper and everything!"
    "Sounds marvellous," says the ringmaster, handing over his business card. "Get him to give me a call.."
    So the next day when the duck comes into the pub the barman says, "Hey Mr. Duck, I reckon I can line you up with a top job, paying really good money."
    "I'm always looking for the next job," says the duck. "Where is it?"
    "At the circus," says the barman.
    "The circus?" repeats the duck.
    "That's right," replies the barman.
    "The circus? "the duck asks again "with the big tent?"
    "Yeah," the barman replies..
    "With all the animals who live in cages, and performers who live in caravans?" says the duck.
    "Of course," the barman replies.
    "And the tent has canvas sides and a big canvas roof with a hole in the middle?" persists the duck..
    "That's right!" says the barman.
    The duck shakes his head in amazement, and says ........ "What on earth would they want with a plasterer??!"
  • ha nice one.
  • Hmm, okaaaaaaaaaaaaaayy.............

No, it's good.
  • Two great jokes, thanks :)

The squid one reminded me of the short story I wrote featuring a talking lobster who escaped from a restaurant tank by climbing up the mast of the sunken plastic galleon therein, and blackmailed a drunken woman in the ladies in to flushing him to safety down the loo.

This tale is still awaiting a sympatheic publisher
  • Loved both jokes, Betsie.
  • That was brilliant Betsie...:D
  • Great, Betsie. I'm going to bed with a smile now. :)
  • Needed a laugh today. Thanks Betsie!
  • Hey! That was a Kwacker! :)
  • I read it to my duck....
  • Now that was a quacking good story, Thanks.
  • The duck went quackers!
  • And so did I!
  • We're all quackers, aren't we...?