Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

What painting would you like to be in?

edited October 2011 in Off-topic
Interesting painting competition. If you had the chance what painting would you be in?
When my book is not going right I'd be in The Scream. :)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2052925/DIY-old-masters-picture.html

Comments

• Any of Constables. English countryside is heaven on earth.
  • Any Reubenesque image- larger women were seen as beautiful in those paintings...I especially like the woman standing in the shell.
  • I dont think Rowland Hilder can be considered an old master but I do like his work.
    Theres a watercolour painting of Chilham,( Rowland Hilders England) to be herding sheep down that very painterly village would be lovely.
    A far more gentle way of life then.
  • Lowrys football crowd, right there between the red and white scarf and the stick dog...
  • I'd like to be able to drop into The Marriage of the Arnolfini by van Eyck, and a) poke the man in the back and tell him not to be so pompous, and b) ask what it is all about. So many clues, so many mysteries.
  • [quote=kateyanne]The Scream[/quote]
    You broke my dream KateyAnne! I was dreaming about that in the early hours!
  • [quote=CarolA]You broke my dream KateyAnne! I was dreaming about that in the early hours! [/quote]

I once had a dream about the Arnolfini painting, and next morning it was on the front page of The Guardian.
  • I'd like to sit next to The Mona Lisa!
  • [quote=Stan2]I'd like to sit next to The Mona Lisa![/quote]

Maybe you did and that's the reason for her smile.
  • I'd love to be a fly on the wall in Diego de Vel
  • Anything by John William Waterhouse - Circe, The Lady of Shalott, Mariamne - any of them. http://www.johnwilliamwaterhouse.com/pictures
  • pbwpbw
    edited October 2011
    I'd like to be one of Botticelli's Renaissance babes, the chick stepping out of the giant scallop shell...
  • Im going to have a go at that in a watercolour PBW it will look charming with that orange little face.
    I'll have a go at that photo bucket and try and post it.
  • [quote=paperbackwriter]I'd like to be one of Botticelli's Renaissance babes, the chick stepping out of the giant scallop shell...
    [/quote]

That was the one I was thinking about PBW. So that's you and me sorted then...;)
  • :D

...and we could be two of the Three Graces, if we can find a third Grace to join us.
  • I can do a passable Gracie Fields, if that's any good?
  • paperbackwriter wrote: I'd like to be one of Botticelli's Renaissance babes, the chick stepping out of the giant scallop shell...
    I wouldn't mind being in that one, I'd have to wear a decent girdle though.
  • :D: pictures in the mind are a wonderful thing.
  • Often much better than reality...;)