Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Publishing serials

edited June 2012 in - Resources
I just finished a story last night but I have at least another two stories set in the same situation. They involve unconnected characters but the stories would work together and I wondered if anyone knew of any website or magazine that accepted this kind of thing? It's not technically a serial but it would probably add to the story if they all went as a group.

Comments

• I hope someone can answer your question, FMN, and I wish you every success with your stories.
  • Thanks very much Stan :) It feels good to be writing again. I never realised how integral it was to my sense of self until I stopped.
  • FMN, what sort of stories?
    Would they sit happily in a women's weekly magazine slot, or something else entirely?
  • No they wouldn't fit in there, they are speculative fiction, sitting slightly to the fantasy end though set in this world.
  • there are a couple of places in the "Spec/Fic" genre on Duotrope that want to bring back the serials. Doctor Fantastique's Show of Wonders springs to mind - it's a non-paying market though.
  • I'm not at the stage that I mind about that yet. Will definitely have a look at that market.