Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Win a Critique and Afternoon Tea with a Literary Agent!

edited July 2012 in - Resources
I hosted part of Kerry Hudson's blog tour, promoting her debut novel, "Tony Hogan Bought Me an Ice Cream Float Before He Stole My Ma", and - to generate extra interest in the book - her literary agent has offered herself as a prize in a free draw for anybody hosting or commenting on the tour blog posts.

Here are the details:

[quote]The Competition:
This prize draw is open to anyone who hosts or comments on a Tony Hogan post. There is no purchase necessary. There is no limit to how many times a name can be entered i.e. if you comment on three blogs you have three entries but it's only possible to win one prize per person. The winning names will be drawn at random on Wednesday 1st August and announced on my Tumblr blog and on Twitter.

Prizes:
1st prize - A three chapter or synopsis critique plus afternoon tea at Beas of Bloomsbury, London (at a mutually beneficial date and time) with Juliet Pickering from the AP Watt Literary Agency to discuss your critique. Plus a personalised copy of Tony Hogan Bought Me an Ice-Cream Float Before he Stole My Ma.

2nd prize - A literary hamper containing a personalised copy of Tony Hogan Bought Me an Ice-Cream Float Before He Stole My Ma as well as three of my most recommended writing theory books and Hotel Chocolat chocolates to enjoy while reading them.

3rd prize - A personalised copy of Tony Hogan Bought Me an Ice-Cream Float Before He Stole My Ma.[/quote]

It's a great opportunity, it's free to enter, and couldn't be easier - all you need to do is leave a comment on one of the blogs hosting the tour. The tour's been to several blogs and has a few more lined up, but here's a link to mine to get you started: http://lies-ink.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/blog-post.html

Comments

• Just a quick reminder that today is the last day to leave a comment on my blog (or any of the others) if you want to be included in tomorrow's draw.

Come on over and give it a go - or am I the only one not fighting off agents offering to take me out for afternoon tea and a chat about my work...?
  • Dan - I would, but I don't think the prize includes my airfare from Tenerife!
  • I would too but I don't have three chapters (although I do have several short stories to my name) so we'd be drinking lots of tea with nothing to discuss :) and I'd be visiting the loo a lot with all that tea drinking ...
  • Ah, well, thanks for having a look, anyway. I was starting to get a feeling I was just talking to myself...
  • Well whoever got it will be happy.
  • Unless they only drink coffee, I suppose.
  • Trust dora to think of a problem!