Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Last Night's Dream

Comments

• [quote=JohnWho63]Zippy and George [/quote]

Are you a Grandpa, John? I can;t think of any other reason to watch that programme!
    :)
  • [quote=heather]Maybe you could let him know I'm a married woman, sm![/quote]

Our Chris Evans is female, and Mme Snail's foremost Strange Associate. :D
  • Last night's dream...

I was with three male colleagues, driving to a restaurant (we worked for a chain, in real life). John Nettles was driving (he didn't work for the chain).

As we approached Southampton he said that one of the restaurants was on a ship and about to be decommissioned. We decided to drive to the docks and have a look.

At the dock we waved as the ship went by. JN pulled me towards him and kissed me...I murmured, 'The husband of someone I know takes photos of the ships, I might be able to get a photo.' JN replied, 'That would be great.'
  • Floozie.
  • He was a good kisser, if that helps.
  • *wonders if Phots Moll minds me dreaming about her and her husband*
  • I was dreaming about Ruud van Nistelrooy last night.

No idea where I dragged him up from - he hasn't been in the news for years and I wasn't that interested in him when he was!
  • Baggy's dream sounds fun - John Nettles is dishy. Was he the slim young version or the plumper, older one?

In my dream I was pregnant, talking to my (42-yr-old) son about it and the baby kind of emerged. No mess or anything - it was just there in my arms.
    But it was tiny and after I'd had a cuddle it said, "I think I should go back for a while," so it sort of faded and then was back inside me.
  • [quote=Lizy]Was he the slim young version or the plumper, older one?[/quote]

Cuddly - bit on the perfect side, to be honest.

I can fully explain my dream...

My friends ate fish and chips last night - I used to work for Harry Ramsden's and would often visit their restaurants.

At home I was pondering Morse, Lewis, Midsomer Murders etc.

During my meal at the pub, I was discussing the brilliant photos that I share on FB by Phots Moll's husband.

Simples.
  • *Sighs* Could do with a jolly good dream.
  • I'm hoping for the same tonight. Must admit that this morning I felt so satisfied I thought I'd read Webbo's mag...

*thinks John Nettles is a great cuddler and kisser*
  • Mr Bear dreamed that he was fixing a handrail on a pavement, and people were getting annoyed, so he had to be polite and sing to them. Then I appeared and threw myself fully clothed into the sea, clutching my handbag under my arm.

I think he's been inhaling the cement dust again. He can't sing, I can't swim.
  • [quote=Mrs Bear]He can't sing, I can't swim.[/quote]

And that's all that's wrong with that dream?!
  • Well, I had my handbag, so I had all the essentials for a life far, far away.
  • [quote=Mrs Bear]all the essentials for a life far, far away.[/quote]
    I thought you were already living a life far, far away in deepest France?
  • Yes, but there's always another horizon. And I'm only in Brittany.
  • True.
  • I took my Kindle along to the play tonight - to read during the interval (To Serve Them All My Days - book, not play) and realised that one of the characters is a Barnaby...
  • [quote=Baggy Books]and realised that one of the characters is a Barnaby...
    [/quote]

Is that the actor covered in brown fur, stuffed with sawdust and cuddled by trillions of children the world over?
  • No. Not in this book.

*turns over another page*

Can't remember last night's dream. I suspect I was in 'dream jail'.
  • With the dream policeman Barnaby or the real one who caught you in your T shirt?
  • Barnaby, always. The real PC was a WPC.
  • Had a most fab dream EVER last night

*swoons*
  • Lucky you.

I was in a tsunami and it was made of thick foam.

'orrible.
  • Are you sure you weren't sleep walking and overfilled the washing machine- hence the thick foam...? ;)
  • :D

It has been known...
  • Yes, lucky you, dora.
  • [quote=dora]Had a most fab dream EVER last night
    [/quote]

Surely it's my turn again?

*focuses on all things Nettles*
  • Lucky dora.
    My dreams are never coherent for long enough - something always happens to cut the good bits off before they're complete.

"sigh"
  • [quote=Lizy]something always happens to cut the good bits off[/quote]

*winces*
  • Strange dream, last night, which might be useful.

I'd left a house with two young people, one male, one female, I knew they were close friends though neither were known to me in my waking life. I was the age that I am now, (unusual, I normally dream of myself as a young man). We were walking, and left the road to climb up a long, open, grassy hillside. The place was packed with people and I think there was some sort of festival in progress. After a while i realised I'd become separated from my companions, although I was only maginally concerned about this. I made my way through the crowd to the top of the hill, and looking down saw what looked like a small railway station, or halt with a single track line. There were lots of grizzled old guys, sitting on benches, outside the station office, reminding me of a saloon in a wild-west town. I entered the building and found myself in a tiny room with steep stairs leading out; climbed these and went down a short corridor which I knew was a bridge over the line. There were more stairs at the end but they were very rickety and I had to hold on to the hand rail to go down, but I still stumbled a couple of times and nearly fell. When I got to the bottom I found myself in a strange landscape, scrub and bracken, with lots of birds and rabbits flitting about. For some reason I was very happy, and made off to return to the house that I'd left with my young companions.
    Sadly, it ends there. Might be worth working on.
  • OK, here's my amateur interpretation, sm!

The people and the festival are life. You are walking to the top of the hill - life's journey. You see the railway station - the way to death - old guys sitting outside reinforce the symbolism. You pass over the bridge, significantly. The rickety stairs and nearly falling is the process of death. You come out in a strange landscape - the afterlife. You didn't fall. You're not going to stay. You choose to return to life. I think the young companions represent life in male and female forms but could also be seen as guardian angel types.

Hope you don't think this is a morbid interpretation - I see it as a lovely, positive dream.
  • Bravo, Lou.

I didn't know we had our very own Dream Interpreter. Loved it!

(and enjoyed your rendition of the dream, too, sm)
  • I do love interpreting dreams. Of course it could all be a load of b*lls. My interpretation I mean, not sm's dream!
  • I had a dream recently I was shot in the head, three times. I survived, but boy it was horrendous. I woke up with a sore head too...
  • Lou!

A customer!
  • [quote=MonkeyNuts]I had a dream recently I was shot in the head, three times. I survived, [/quote]

*note to self: must do more target practice*
  • Thanks, Lou. That's pretty good. I'd put it down to a cheese and onion sandwich.
  • [quote=snailmale]note to self: must do more target practice*
    [/quote]

SM, again you fill this Fred with so much love. Come here you big fluffy snugglebum and give your favourite monkey a cuddle.

<Opens arms and puckers up>
  • Do you need a toothpick, sm? I think she's moulting.
  • [quote=MonkeyNuts] Come here you big fluffy snugglebum and give your favourite monkey a cuddle. [/quote]

That's the most frightening thing anyone has ever said to me.

*reports post*
  • [quote=MonkeyNuts]I had a dream recently I was shot in the head, three times. I survived, but boy it was horrendous. I woke up with a sore head too... [/quote]

Mmmmm.... let me see.

* waits for palm to be crossed with silver *

* also takes Visa *
  • Oh stop it, you're making me blush.

<Decides to hug SM some more>
  • <Whips Monkeycard out from purse and waves it at LT>
  • [quote=MonkeyNuts]<Whips Monkeycard out from purse and waves it at LT>[/quote]

Purse? You don't carry a purse, MN. We all know that card's been secreted in your bikini bottoms.
  • Well it has to be swiped. Where else can one swipe a card if not between the buttocks?

<Thinks I can be sensible>
  • You have a point.