Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Free 'Mini Saga' (250 words max) Writing Competition - c/d 21 April

edited April 2013 in - Resources
I'm running a free-to-enter 'mini saga' writing competition over on my blog, with categories for 'new' and 'not-so-new' writers.

There are prizes to be won and the 5 shortlisted stories in each category will be posted on the blog. I do hope some of you will have a look - and then have a go! Open to anyone, anywhere.

http://blogaboutwriting.wordpress.com/2013/03/31/shaggy-dog-tales-required-free-writing-competition/

Comments

• "If you’ve never had a paid article or story published in a magazine, newspaper or on-line "

Does a football match report count as an article? Opposing supporters would probably say my reports were works of fiction, but I would dispute that! I was paid for writing match reports, but as it was non-league football I handed the money straight over to the club.
  • If you haven't had anything else published - fiction or other paid articles - then I'd count you as a 'new writer', Onlinegenie. If you're going to enter the comp, just make sure you put 'Newbie' in the header - and good luck!