Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Frustrations in trying to Subscribe Online

Hopefully this is the right place to post this.

I spent the most frustrating hour online yesterday trying to buy a subscription. I kept getting signed out, links wouldn’t work, 404 server errors showed up several times. I tried clearing my cache, using different browsers, rebooting but nothing has worked. I emailed the subscription dept but no reply from them.

Is the website having problems?

PS Tried again today but same probs as yesterday. I am trying to give WM my business, but nobody seems bothered that I'm having problems.

Rant over.

Comments

• I've reported your post. Webbo will pick it up and sort it out for you.

Nice to have you in the mad house, Rosie Rabbit.

Rants are always welcome. They're such fun.
  • [quote=RosieRabbit]404 server errors showed up several times[/quote]

I expect they're all down the pub...
  • edited May 2013
    Webbo always gets problems with that part of the system. The back room team is only a small band (I think) so replies aren't instant.
    It is always best to ring up for doing subscriptions.

It's too late to get anything done on a Friday.
  • I had no problems subscribing but have not had my free books yet, don't know how long they will take to come?
  • How long ago did you take out your subscription, jimholmes6.
  • A fortnight ago, 21st April.
  • [quote=Carol]It is always best to ring up for doing subscriptions.[/quote]
    That is exactly what I did last year. Trying to subscribe online just would not work whatever I did.

[quote=jimholmes6]I had no problems subscribing but have not had my free books yet, don't know how long they will take to come?[/quote]
    My free books arrived about three months after I subscribed.
  • [quote=JohnWho63]My free books arrived about three months after I subscribed[/quote]

Wow that really is slow by todays standards...
  • I think Webbo chased them up, didn't he JohnWho63?
    I know he did for someone.

Can't be sure, but I think Webbo said it should be within a month- so if you haven't got them in the next few weeks let Webbo know.
  • [quote=JohnWho63]That is exactly what I did last year. Trying to subscribe online just would not work whatever I did.[/quote]

Ah, so it's not just me then, that's reassuring in an odd comforting way!!!! Will ring up after the Bank Holiday. Thanks for passing on my probs pbw.

Like your avatar JohnWho
  • No, but you will get your free books, guys, so don't worry.
  • [quote=Carol]I think Webbo chased them up, didn't he JohnWho63?
    I know he did for someone.[/quote]
    He did for someone, yes, but I simply lost track of time, until one day they arrived anyway. I had no doubt that they would in the end.

[quote=RosieRabbit]Like your avatar JohnWho[/quote]
    Thanks Rosie. I like my little Tardis too.

[quote=pbw]No, but you will get your free books, guys, so don't worry.[/quote]
    pbw is right. They will come in the fullness of time.
  • I had a phone call today from Lauren in the WM office ensuring me that my books are in stock and will be sent out soon.
    The delay was setting up my DD over the bank holiday.

Thanks again Lauren..

Great customer service..
  • [quote=jimholmes6]Great customer service..[/quote]

Yes it is.