Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

How do I know if my short story has been entered into the competition?

edited August 2013 in - Website Problems
I have just entered the 1000 word competition online but I am unsure if it has been uploaded and sent. It showed that it was uploading but there wasn't a message or anything to tell me that it had been successfully entered. Could anyone let me know if it has been entered into the competition?

Thanks.

Comments

• Clicked report post, so Webbo sees it and he'll hopefully be able to help you.
  • Carol should be on commission the amount of time her varnished nail presses that report button.
  • Hello Suspense.
    Go to the main page http://www.writers-online.co.uk/ , then login, then My Account link (at the very top of the purple header), then My Writing Competitions.
    It should list any you've entered.

Just as an aside, after you've uploaded the file, you do still need to go to the shopping cart (at the top right) to complete the entry, and there's supposed to be a little popup window telling you this. Did you not get the popup/not go to the basket?
    Let me know if you still have problems
  • Having visited the other thread...
    Think it's a problem at our end, will investigate. In the meantime, please email the story with your details to [email protected]
  • Hi Webbo, I've tried several times to enter the mid-story sentence competition but although it has uploaded I didn't get the basket thingy - I've emailed it to the address above but and worried as I have just got a reply to say that Lauren is out of the office until Monday 19th August and the deadline is today! Should I send it elsewhere?
  • edited August 2013
    Clicked report post for you, Webbo should see it.
  • I didn't know about that function, Carol - thanks!
  • No no, it's no problem Seaview - it's our fault so your entry wouldn't be rejected!
  • That's great, Webbo - at least it will get read! :)
  • Oh good - I had the same problem and also emailed in my story.
  • Hi Everybody! Although having subscribed to Writers News and Writing Mag for many years, and entered a couple of competitions online, I'm new to this forum. As with 'suspense96' I've also tried to enter the 1000 word short story comp (this evening) and had the same problem with the upload! (Not shown up in my account or basket either.) Should I try uploading it again in a day or two, or email it to Lauren, as suggested with the other stories? Thanks! Best Wishes to you all.
  • Hi Cherry. I've clicked report post so you should get an answer soon.
  • Thanks Carol. You are a real gem!
  • I feel very sorry for Webbo. Since the entry to competitions online started it's never worked smoothly for everyone...
  • Hi Cherry, glad you've spoken up - we thought the problem may have been fixed. There is a specific set of circumstances which creates the glitch. Have you by any chance attemped (or successfully entered) one of the open (ie paid) competitions recently?

Please could you email your entry to Lauren and in the meantime whisper your surname and postcode to me?
  • Thanks Webbo!
    I entered, and successfully uploaded, the St Valentine's Short Story (paid) competition in March, if that's any help. None since I'm afraid! (Also a Subscriber's Only short story in May 2012.)
    I'll email my 1000 word story to Lauren shortly, and in the meantime I've whispered my surname and postcode to you.
    Thanks again for all your help.