Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Another call for submissions site

edited September 2013 in - Resources
http://www.newpages.com/classifieds/calls/

Comments

• very interesting - thanks
  • "We're seeking to increase our proportion of nonwhite and queer contributors. " Eh?

I've subbed to a lot of places. I've never been asked to state my skin tone or sexuality on the submission. I've never been asked about these things at any stage. I have sometimes been asked for a photo, but only after the work was accepted, so how I look didn't influence the decision.

I'd have thought writing was one area where we can be judged on the quality of our work, not on things such as race, sexuality, physical ability.
  • Too many of them seem to be wanting specific genders/orientations.

Shouldn't need to jump through extra hurdles- totally irrelevant to good writing.
  • [quote=Phots Moll]"We're seeking to increase our proportion of nonwhite and queer contributors. [/quote]

So that rules out any subs from white straights?

Charming.
  • [quote=Phots Moll]"We're seeking to increase our proportion of nonwhite and queer contributors. " Eh?[/quote]

I didn't notice that!
  • Equality for all makes you 'cool', 'awesome' or just of the apparent zeitgiest.
  • Of course. The ones in the know don't plaster that 'equality' badge everywhere. They just get on with it.
  • And as I understand it, there are those who they want to contribute, but would not like to be referred to as 'queer'.
  • Hmmmmm.

Very odd.

Or do I mean 'queer'?