Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Bloggeration

edited October 2013 in - Writing Problems
Now I know I've been a slacker when it comes to updating my blog, but on the day when I decide to do it, it's no pleasant thing to be unable to access it.
It used to be that if I clicked on my blog, it would come up with the front page and a Connexion button (it's in French) at the top right of the screen. This isn't there. I've gone away and come back and it still isn't there. And there's no obvious direct route from gmail either, though I did find a back door and snuck in that way. Has anyone else had this problem? Has something changed while I haven't been looking?

Comments

• My sign in bit is visible on my blog, Mrs Bear.
    Have you tried using the bottom slider and put it to the far right so you can see the edge of the page?
    I once had a problem and that's where the sign in box was.
  • No slider, Carol, and page just as it should be, centred in the 'books' wallpaper. The sign in should be to the top right, but it's not there.
  • Is this Wordpress? My bit at the top disappears and i have understanding of why, but i just have to go to the main site and put my Wordpress password in, then i can get to all my blogs from the same sign in.
  • edited October 2013
    No, it's blogger, Liz. I've turned off the computer and turned it on again, too - no difference. Maybe it's a weather thing...
  • edited October 2013
    Mrs Bear, I just followed your link from the blog updates and on my screen the sign in bit shows up, so I suspect it's your computer settings.

Can you see the other text that appears on that line?

Left of centre- More [with a downward] > [and] Next Blog>> [then on the right hand side] Create Blog [sign in should be next]
  • Its' still not there; all I get is the blog page itself, and none of the usual words at top right, Carol. But I can, it seems, access it by going to the bottom of the page, where it says, 'Powered by Blogger' - click on the name, and sign in, and hey presto. The only thing that's changed is a new version of Avast has been loaded. Puzzled.
  • That is strange.
    I wonder if it's to do with Google's unified sign-in system- I can log in to any of my google accounts from one page, but it then remembers the last one I accessed, so to use one of the others I have to go through a process to clear it, but it's quicker to clear my cookies.

I'll have to see if I have problems accessing my blog.