Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Another ALCS question

edited March 2014 in - Writing Problems
One of my stories has been published in the PF Annual. It has an ISBN number. Is this treated as an anthology? Do I post it under books? If so do I use the number of stories for the number of co-authors?
I'm finding this very confusing but want to get it right. This was published before I signed the new D C Thomson contract.

Comments

• I would say yes to all of the above!
  • Another to ring and ask about.
  • Another query to ask about. What happens if they were accepted and paid for before signing the contract, but not published until after? Which contract applies then? Confused beyond measure.
  • These new contracts have certainly raised a lot of questions- doubt anyone considered these complications for writers.
  • I was told that anything submitted before the contract was signed wouldn't be subject to the new rules. (Had it in email which I printed out)
  • Told by DCT I mean, not ALCS. I asked a lot of questions before signing.
  • I rang ALCs and I have been informed that as long as I hold the copyright I can post my stories on ALCS.
    The letter from DC Thomson enclosing the new contract says 'you retain the copyright to you content'. As far as I am concerned this clearly means I can put my PF and TWN stories on ALCS.
    Hooray.