Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Final edition of The New Writer available online

edited May 2014 in - Writing Tales
The latest edition of The New Writer is to be the last one (for the foreseeable future, at least). It's a shame, as it seemed like a pretty good mag. However, the silver lining is that the publishers have decided to make the final issue available online, for free. This means that the winners of the annual New Writer Prizes for short stories and poems can be read by anyone, not just subscribers as has been the case in past years. I won the microfiction category and there's at least one other Talkbacker with work featured in the magazine.

You can read it in full here: http://www.scribd.com/doc/226468142/The-New-Writer-118

My story, So the Dead Rose from the Grave, appears on page 35 of the digital edition.

Comments

• Congratulations and thanks for the link.

I met the publisher a few days ago. He judged a competition for our writing group.
  • Guy Pringle seems like a nice bloke. It's such a shame he's had to close down the magazine.
  • That's what he said - that it's a shame, not that he seems nice, which he does.