Problems uploading entry to Writer's News Compeitition

edited June 2014 in - Website Problems
I don't see an upload button after I've 'browsed' and attached my entry for the May 2014 competition. Closing date is today but I've been trying for 2 days. Any ideas?
I have used the site before but not recently so has something changed? Is it me or does this happen often?
Thanks

Comments

• I can't help, but I've 'flagged' your query in the hope that a moderator or Webbo might be around.
  • Have you signed in to the writers-online log-in?

(You can't use your Talkback details for that.)
  • I can't log in to that part of the site at all.
  • I wonder if the tech department are using weekends to do maintenance?
  • Hi all
    Yes logged into main site-just no 'upload' button. Bit miffed as it's the first competition I've entered for a while. I'll hope for the best [-O<
  • Hello stranger - how nice to see you again. Are you back with us - or just paying a fleeting visit? :)
  • Thanks Claudia-we'll see how it goes. Life's difficult at the moment-trying to write but it's like wading through treacle :-S
  • When I used to enter those competitions I always had problems uploading - I think it's some kind of endurance test to eliminate the weaklings!
  • Hi Lizy-maybe it should have been sorted out by now then :) I emailed the competitions editor because it's still the same
  • I'm sure I remember Webbo saying it was being worked on, some time ago.

• He did, Carol.
  • Hello, and sorry if anyone has been experiencing problems. Webbo will be back on Wednesday - please bear with us and we'll do our best to provide solutions!
  • No worries I've had a reply from Bernadette and we have at least sorted out this month's competition. Definitely a problem though as I can't sign in through the main web page-only on the actual competitions page. Thanks for looking at this for though it's much appreciated. Hopefully by next month it will be resolved ;)
  • Not resolved. Just tried to upload something else. Can't even log-in on the front screen. Not very impressive :(
  • One does wonder how many other people are put off by this perennial problem. A hard-to-access site is a real no-no, whether one is a business, a group, or an individual.
  • Does it happen on a Monday-Friday too?

Because whenever people have problems it's always a weekend. Not saying it doesn't happen during the week, but...
  • One does wonder how many other people are put off by this perennial problem. A hard-to-access site is a real no-no, whether one is a business, a group, or an individual.
    It does put people off, Lizy. Problems for the online option for the WM comps raises its head regularly enough to have put me off attempting it I'm afraid.
  • Red Lucy, please could you email me your username, real name and postcode: webbo@writersnews.co.uk
    Thank you!
  • I've been absent so only just seen this Webbo-I worked out what the problem was and in this instance it was something I didn't have activated on the laptop. Sorry I didn't reply :(
  • It always seems better to send entries on a weekday.