Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

What's the weather like there?

Comments

• Had to wear a long sleeve top today.
  • I see your long sleeve top and I raise you. Today I am wearing a woolly jumper.
  • I'm wearing a t-shirt and hoody. Most importantly- some cosy fluffy socks!
  • *feels lifted after reading TN's comment*

*worries about the sheep hurdler though*

Ooh yes, Emma, sockies! I've got two pairs on at the moment.

• Me too. Put two on for Lola's walk in boots, and didn't take em off. Warm clothes but heat isn't on.
  • Standard sock day today but it's still grey. Now is the time of year I feel like hibernating. Wake me up when it's March I-)
  • I've dressed down a level. I was too hot yesterday in my winter jumper. Today I'm dicing with danger in a mere long-sleeved top.
  • T-shirt, fleecy top, body warmer. Just right.
  • I need to add more layers. It's cold. Blinkin' cold. And the reason is, Hubby has painted a window frame and has left the window open. Apparently, it needs 16 hours to dry so we are housebound today. :-((
  • Ew. Hate the smell of paint. Have to finish two books before next Weds as ell as a host of other things including checking on a contract ...
  • Rained rather a lot in the early hours.
  • And here. Lighter rain now.
  • Still damp from the earlier rain, and windy and overcast.
  • Rain, rain and more rain.
  • Mizzly. Mr Bear is cracking on with the roof of the Little House, but is having to wear waterproofs. At least his hard hat keeps the rain off. Yesterday it was making him sweat: the difference a day makes.
  • Still grim - not that I've had a moment to get out and experience it.
  • Wet, too.
  • Still wet.
  • Grey and damp in Dorset. But not cold.
  • Blindingly sunny here! Wet on the floor but at least it's warm at the mo.
  • 'Wet on the floor...'

Oh, dearie, dearie me.
  • It's wet on the floor!! That's a perfectly good way of saying it has been raining on and off but not for a while but when it was it was heavy enough to leave puddles even though Mr Sun is trying his hardest to dry them out...that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it! :P
  • Oh! We thought you wet the floor.
  • If you say so, br.

*sniggers*
  • Oh, I did that as well...thought it went without saying! :D

"It was a dark and stormy night, and it was all wet of the floor because our hero had had an accident."
  • Warm. Haven't wet myself. Yet.
  • It's mild here.
  • It's gloriously sunny after a grey week. It's hot - too warm for a fleece, but I wore one to clear the mallow from a little courtyard in the garden to keep the biting and scratching things away. I suspect they just bit my neck instead. More washing - jut when I'd emptied the laundry basket.
  • Beautiful weather in Dorset.
  • Jarst blardy larvely here today.
  • Misty mountain hop in my garden today!
  • Can't see to the end of my garden with the fog - and I don't have a very big garden!
  • Same here - but it was gloriously bright nearer the coast.
  • edited November 2015
    Yes, we had fog as the sun went down.

(I know it doesn't actually 'go down'.

*feels akin to Brian Cox*)
  • There are fireworks we can usually see from our house.
    Tonight we can hear them and the whole foggy sky changes colour, but we can't actually see anything.
  • Looks like several flights have been cancelled due to the fog. My cousin is stuck in Sweden and a friend in Ireland.
  • Foggy here too.
  • Fog hasn't totally cleared yet. Last night husband was late picking up son from work because he missed turnings twice.
    Other son on his bike couldn't see far enough even with the light, and fortunately was on a cycle path, Tried to avoid something at the last minute and came off his bike- big scrape on his forearm.
  • Oh dear. Glad he wasn't on the road, though.
  • Just been hearing something about fog on the radio.
    Today is possibly the most gorgeous, warm, sunny November day I've ever encountered in northern Europe!

Sorry to hear about your son, Carol.
  • Oh dear. Glad he wasn't on the road, though.
    That was my thought too. :(

I knew it was worse than Saturday night's fog because I could just faintly see the lights on top of the poles over the flyover on the main road from my kitchen window. On a normal night they stand out above the rooftops.

This morning it was at least midday before I could see the poles again. Now they're disappearing again. :(

• Brilliantly sunny and hot again. Looking ahead ten days, the temperatures aren't dropping much at all. Couldn't sleep last night as it was too warm. This is not natural. Something's got to give eventually.
    Carol, sorry to hear about your son - just glad he was on a cycle track.
  • Yes, glad he's OK, Carol. There's very little time to react when you can't see what's ahead. Apparently, in Germany today, it's gloriously hot. Strange. I saw that yesterday Wales had unprecedented temperatures for November.

The fog is descending again. I do worry about Hubby driving home from work and my daughter who is on hospital placement in Walsall and has to drive back to her student house in the dark and fog. My younger daughter's gone into London straight from school. I suppose trains are OK in the fog.

Ooooh, there's an owl hooting!
  • I've just been photographing an incredibly beautiful sunset.
  • The cobwebs slung between the roses and the box bush have been visible all day, as there's been so much moisture in the air from the fog.
  • Glad your son is okay Carol.

Foggy again here.
  • The fog has lifted a bit. I can actually see the ray of light from the high lights, and some of the pole they sit on.