Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

What's the weather like there?

Comments

• No snow, dry but very cold.
  • Dora - I think my birds were lying in wait too!
  • D-d-ditto. 
  • Hot water bottle time!
  • We're having the finest of snow showers. Despite the flakes being tiny I can see it settling on the roofs opposite my office window. 
  • Baggy, that was what we had.

There was a sprinkle of this fine snow again late last night and it froze. But this morning the clouds are moving west at the speed of an escalator, and there's large areas of blue sky visible.
  • Sunshine!
  • Lizy said:
    Dora - I think my birds were lying in wait too!
    Tee hee.

Sunshine out there today.  Hoping it'll clear the road of the heavy frost we had last night.  I need to try my car out again today and am waiting for it to warm up a bit first.
  • The sunshine and blue skies lured me out for a walk but it was bitterly cold walking into the wind (thankfully on my outward journey) and a relief to get back indoors again afterwards. Was treated to a lovely aerial display by a red kite (avian variety). Sadly as they quarter the area they move too fast to capture them on camera. Frosty puddles and lots of patches of snow waiting around for more to join them.
  • We did get a few flakes about an hour ago, but nothing more. We're almost back to complete cloud cover again.
  • Snowing again. Big flakes this time.
  • Another dusting. Clear skies!
  • Same as Baggy. It froze overnight too.
  • It doesn't seem to know what to do today, we've had bright sunshine, snow, wind, clouds, every time I look out of the window it's doing something different.
  • After the mixed weather today the sky over my place is clear and blue. The local weather report at lunchtime says it will be -6 tonight. Despite the sun I doubt it's got above 1 degree today.
  • -5 forecast for Dorset. Clouding over now. Bitter out – although walking in the sunshine was very pleasant. 
  • Freezing! We've had a couple of snow dustings but it's really too cold for snow. I've melted the birds' water three times already.
  • Yesterday, OH took the big disks of ice out of the smaller water containers. He stood them up against the containers expecting them to melt during the day. They didn't and were still there this afternoon frozen together. 
  • Bright, clear sky but cold.
  • Grey and cold. :(
  • Breezy, but remaining bright and cold.
  • Sunny.  So me washing is out.
  • Sunny but still very cold.
  • Drizzle, would sooner it give a good downpour than this, reminds me of back it the UK. We normally get rain this is more spitting fine and been like it for 3 days now. (Algarve) What happened to our 300 days of sunshine?
  • Come the summer you'll be praying for a day of rain! Here the temperature hasn't risen above zero for days, and this is the south of England, FFS!!
  • Cold, light cloud cover, and no breeze-hurray.
  • Sunny but still very cold.
  • Colder than I thought. Bitter. Water's frozen and so is the ground.
  • Bright but cold.

Just been out and moved sheets of ice again. Another couple of freezes and it won't be necessary to get the bucket out to take the rain water/melted snow off the trailer lid. The ice is doing the job for me.
  • Okay it's cold but not as cold as yesterday, and we now have rain.
  • Damp – we've had lots of rain. Mild out. Didn't really need a coat.
  • What a difference. I went outside in my dressing gown to bring the bin in, and I wasn't instantly frozen. Most of the ice has melted, only a couple of small bits left.

The sun trying to find a way through the cloud cover.
  • Damp and warmer, though not sunny yet.
  • There's a breeze, but it's bright and surfaces are beginning to dry.
  • Brighter and warmer.
  • Cooled down now. 
  • Slight breeze but otherwise mild, and there's sunshine through the clouds.
  • Dry, bright and mild.
  • Absolutely marvellous
  • Raining on and off. Glad I took the car to deliver an oxymeter kit.
  • Damp but not cold.
  • Getting overcast now. Suspect rain is lurking.
  • After the improvement at lunchtime and a reasonable temperature, it's now raining. 
  • dark. weather is dark atm.
  • Very windy
  • Rain, and dim.
  • Damp and miserable at earlier. Getting brighter now.
  • We've had rain but I can now see patches of blue. 
  • I can see a bright circle behind the cloud- think it may be the sun, but it's going to need to work harder to get through the cloud cover.