Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

#writingchat

Comments

• Tonight's topic is our writing spaces and how we can improve them.
  • I'd post a pic of my desk if I knew how to!
  • Pop it on Twitter.
  • any hashtag to use?
  • I've just retweeted it to you.
  • Heck! Are you following me on Twitter?
  • any hashtag to use?
    If you want to join in writingchat tonight then please use the #writingchat hashtag so we can find you.
  • If you let PM and I, know your twitter name we can include you. :)

• Oooh, well done, Carol - that didn't sound even a tiny bit stalkery.
  • But now it does. :-h
  • Sorry, didn't mean it to sound stalkery, :) but I've noticed with other people who join in with #writingchat, that unless one of us is following them back, Twitter doesn't show us their comments.

• It should do. I can always see them.

• Oooh, well done, Carol - that didn't sound even a tiny bit stalkery.
    I've already seen his office...

• You didn't sound like a stalker, Carol - you was well subtle!

• It should do.

Doesn't for me, either. I think I see most which use the hashtag, but I only see a few tweets from people I'm not following and sometimes miss a few from people I do follow. Very odd.

I know we can't all reply to everyone, but I wouldn't want anyone to join in and be ignored just because we didn't realise they were taking part.
  • How do you view them? I just have a #writingchat list in Tweetdeck.
  • That's my concern, PM.

I've been notified of #writingchat comments days later by Twitter into my email, but not at the time; and when I look for them on twitter notifications they aren't there. :(

Baggy, I have Twitter open at the time in one tab and another tab open for notifications at the same time and I know they don't always correlate. :(

• You need to do a search for #writingchat and add a column for the tweets. If you're not using Tweetdeck then you are doomed. I do it regularly for TV programmes because often the presenter (for a documentary) will tweet extra bits during the show.
  • I just have a #writingchat list in Tweetdeck.
    That's how I do it. I'd miss a lot more without it.
  • I use Tweetdeck to schedule the tweets, and to quickly read tweets at otrher times, but not everyone uses the writingchat hashtag in their tweets. :( So you need to see some messages when your name is included in the notifications.

• You have another column for that.
  • I don't find Tweetdeck comfortable to use for long. Not sure if it's because I'm a left-hander, but I find it problematic.
  • I use my left hand and it's fine.

I rearrange my lists to suit what I'm doing. For instance, for #dorsethour I have that next to the lists for retweets and mentions. Then, after the hour, I move it to the far side (I currently have 48 lists). The lists are then in an order of importance: new followers, local news, local businesses, TBers, Rome, Roma, self-publishing info, clients (individual, current), clients (big group, past), F1, Exmoor...
  • I use my mouse with my right-hand and type with my left.

It may just be the design of tweetdeck that is uncomfortable...
  • Strange. All you're looking at is a list. Much like a topic on here.
  • Just realised it's the size and layout on screen. Less cluttered on the Twitter screen...
  • Tonight we're discussing early bird or night-owl writing and writers.

It all starts at 8pm and you are welcome to join in. Just put the #writingchat # into the search box to find us.
  • I can't promise that I'll be there. I haven't been 100% this week and need to be well for tomorrow so might have an early night. (I'm no night owl!) ~:>
  • I shan't be there.
  • Tonight's topic is blogging - do join us if you'd like to, by tweeting from 8-9 using the hashtag #writingchat

No pressure and it's fine to just drop in when you're free and/or the topic interests you and give it a miss otherwise.
  • Another good hour with lots of opinions and helpful advice.
  • Tonight's subject is effective use of social media for writers. If you'd like to join in just tweet between 8 and 9, using the #writingchat hashtag.

• You don't have to take part every week, but if the topic is of interest, or you have any tips, then please join in.
  • I would have liked to be there, but it's too difficult on a phone in a moving car!

Have fun and I'll catch up later.
  • Safe travels TN.
  • Tonight's subject is marketing. Is there anyone here who wouldn't like a little help with that?
  • Tonight's #writingchat topic is 'Who do you write for?' To join in just tweet between 8 & 9 using the hashtag. Everyone welcome.
  • Tonight on #writingchat our topic is using our own experiences in writing.

All are welcome to join in between 8 & 9, and you'll find us by the # so don't forget to use it too.
  • It's an experience not to be missed!
  • There's going to be a #writingchat meet up 3pm 8th April at the Attenborough Reserve in Nottingham. All past, present and future chatters are invited.
  • JenJen
    edited March 2017
    I always forget to join this or find I'm working. When is the next one? Was it Wednesdays?
  • Yes, Wednesdays 8-9pm.
  • Tonight's topic is sticking to the theme.

Obviously not a problem for any TBers - you only have to read the threads here to see that.
  • Tonight's topic is writers and reviews.

Lots of scope with this subject, so if you've got a view on anything review related, which sites are worth getting reviews on and so on, then join in at 8pm and remember to use #writingchat.
  • It was a good chat, and I took a screenshot as #writingchat made the Trends list- photo on my Facebook page.
  • Tonight it's our 3 month progress report. Have our plans made in the New Year gone well, or not worked as expected?

Make some more plans for the next three months tonight, if you need an incentive.

8pm tonight, and remember to use the #writingchat #
  • Starts in just over 30 minutes.