Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

#writingchat

Comments

• The topic tonight is 'finishing stuff'.
  • We're doing writing with the seasons on #writingchat tonight.

You're welcome to join in from 8-9pm, just look for the hashtag, put it into the search box.
  • The topic tonight is 'finishing stuff'.
    Oh crumbs! I will try to join in, if only to gain some tips. :)
  • Finishing stuff was last week, Claudia. :)
  • It's starting now.
  • Sorry - I didn't join in after all - too many other distractions last night!
  • Not to worry, there's always next week – or the one after.
  • For our last 2017 #writingchat tonight at 8pm, we're making writing plans for 2018.

All welcome, just look for the #, or put #writingchat into the search box.
  • Tonight for the first 2018 session it's what (if anything) do you intend to do differently in 2018?
  • Tonight on #writingchat we're talking about the positives and negatives of being a writer. Do join the twitter conversation from 8-9, using the hashtag.
  • Tonight's topic is writing competitions and awards.
  • Tonight we're talking about dialogue. Everyone welcome.
  • Good subject tonight - unfortunately I'll be out playing golf at an indoor 'fun' golf night.
  • The quotes around fun are rather worrying!
  • The mind boggles!
  • Oh! I didn't mean anything by it. >:)
  • That's OK then.
  • Tonight our topic is workloads & deadlines.

We start at 8 pm, so just look for and use the #
  • Tonight's topic is the positives and negatives of having a writer as a friend or partner.
  • Tonight we're discussing what stops us writing and how to get over it.
  • This week's topic is 'writing for the moment, or leaving a legacy?'.

Do join us if you'd like to.
  • Tonight's topic is 'blog on'.
  • I'll try to remember... honest!
  • Tonight we're talking about reviews- the good & bad.

Join us at 8pm with the #writingchat #

• And the lack of? :((
  • Tonight's topic is 'finding your tribe'.
  • Tonight it's the 3 month review, have the New Year plans made progress or not. Whichever it is join us at 8pm with the #writingchat hashtag.
  • Tonight's topic is 'finding your tribe'.
    Missed it as per usual, but can I find your chat on this topic; it sounds interesting.
  • You should be able to find it if you search on the hashtag, Claudia – plus some other stuff as people seem to randomly use our hashtag for unconnected tweets.
  • Tonight's #writingchat topic is getting out of your writing comfort zone.

Join us at 8 pm and don't forget the #...
  • I couldn't understand why I kept seeing odd replies in my TB list. Beware the #writinghcat, he stalks.
  • I think that was PM's fault... :D
  • It was. :\">
  • Tonight's #writingchat topic is crime: cosy vs graphic.

Very appropriate as it's been announced today that crime fiction is the most popular genre.
  • I think that is very sad.
  • Why's that, Dora?
  • It's sad people enjoy reading about other people being hurt or upset in some way.

Isn't there enough of that sort of thing happening in reality to satisfy?

Why can't comedy or romance be the most popular genre?
  • I suspect many people like the fact that the bad guys almost always get caught and punished in fiction – it helps us believe that justice gets done eventually. I think that for most it's the detection and prevention of further crime which appeals, rather than the crimes themselves. That's true for me.

• it helps us believe that justice gets done eventually. I

Hmm. Not convinced fictional stories help me believe that.

And depends on what you consider justice to be. If somebody has been murdered they can't be brought back to life. If someone has been abused, that damage can't be undone. Lives are wrecked because a crime has been committed.

I can understand why the detection and prevention of further crime would appeal. Lots of people like the mental challenge of a puzzle.

It's just a shame, IMO, crime is tops whereas comedy and romance should be equal tops. I'd much prefer everyone was having fun than picking through the misery of a crime scene.
  • Tonight's topic is outlining.
  • Tonight it's developing or changing your writer voice.
  • On #writingchat tonight we're looking at book covers, what makes you pick up a book or click the link. Starting at 8 pm.

• Tonight it's deadlines: making them work. From 8-9 pm.
  • The topic tonight is Pantser or Plotter?

If you'd like to join us look for and use the #writingchat hashtag, from 8-9 pm.
  • Tonight's topic is 'staying motivated'.

You're welcome to join in from 8 pm with the #writingchat #.

The regular hosts are elsewhere so the session has been left in the safe hands of three regulars, and a few scheduled tweets.

• Hope tweets wasn't a typo
  • Probably should have been Tweets, as there were a number of scheduled Tweets...
  • Tonight we're discussing how to keep writing when life interferes.

So if you have any useful tips please pop in from 8-9 pm over on Twitter and don't forget to look for the # #writingchat.
  • From 8-9 pm the topic is journaling.
  • Tonight's topic is conflict.