Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

#writingchat

Comments

• Tonight it's characters- how far do you go when creating a character?

We're on Twitter from 8-9 pm and don't forget the #.
  • Did u lot chat last night?
  • Yes Dora we did. Sorry I missed updating the thread.

We did where the story begins.
  • Tonight the topic is how to tackle a big writing project.

Join us at 8 pm over on Twitter with the #writingchat #...
  • Tonight we're doing how to deal with editing.

Join us with the # at 8 pm on Twitter.
  • Tonight it's collaborating with other writers.

Join in on Twitter from 8-9 pm and don't forget the #writingchat #.
  • Tonight we're discussing creative non-fiction.

Join us on Twitter from 8 pm and just look for and use the hashtag #writingchat .
  • It's our 9 month review, giving you the opportunity to share the highs and lows since the last quarter or even the last nine months!

I won't be there and depending on their location my co-hosts may or may not make it either, so just carry on without us.

Don't forget the #writingchat hashtag and join in on Twitter from 8-9 pm.
  • It's just starting ...
  • Tonight's topic is rewriting.
  • Tonight we're talking about rewriting. So if you'd like to join in then you'll find us on Twitter from 8-9 pm, and look for and use the #writingchat hashtag...
  • This week we're asking if you're doing Nano – if you are, share what you're working on and exchange tips on getting through it. If you're not, then tell us why and what, if anything, you're doing instead.
  • Actually remembered to look at this, but I'm blowed if I can work out how to join in on Twitter. :(
  • edited October 2018
    Okay, think I've done it correctly. 
    But I wasn't very positive, so I think it would be tactful to stop again.
  • You didn't add #writingchat to most of your tweets so they weren't seen by the others, Claudia. There wouldn't be any point to it if everyone agreed. You made your point very well.
  • Oh, I thought if I hit 'reply' to Patsy's tweets, the comments would show.
    You made your point very well.
    Thank you.
  • They do show - that's how I saw them. However, anyone just looking for #writingchat tweets wouldn't see them. 
  • It's fine for people not to agree. As Baggy says, it wouldn't be much of a discussion if we all held exactly the same opinion.

Using the hashtag means that everyone can see the tweet, whether or not they follow you, or are tagged in it. As it goes so fast, some of us use tweetdeck to read the tweets with the relevant hashtag, so won't see anything else, even if they can usually see your tweets.
  • Tweetdeck?  Sorry - I know so little about how to use twitter. Every time I look at it I give up after a few minutes and log out again.
  • Google it, Claudia. It's a great tool and would make it easier for you to manage and enjoy Twitter. 
  • edited October 2018
    Okay, will do, BB, thanks.

Just googled it and logged into tweetdeck. It's a different layout and looks easier to navigate. Do you regular Twits/Tweeters(!?) do your twitting on tweetdeck as a matter of course?
  • I use tweetdeck to schedule the #writingchat tweets to go out on a Wednesday morning, and the reminders in the hour before it starts in the evening.

I will sometimes tweet via tweetdeck, but usually go onto Twitter to tweet.
  • I use it all the time. I have lists relating to separate interests, clients, publishers, etc. I also have other lists for my own writing and different accounts. You'll find it most useful for focusing on pet subjects. As an example, search for #WhereyouliveBay and you'll see tweets about your location that may or not be of interest. I have a list based on where I live and it's useful for information that hasn't yet found its way to wider platforms. 
  • I'll try to find some time over the weekend to explore this side of twitter as I know I need to get to grips with this platform, but always end up giving up.
  • Claudia said:
    I'll try to find some time over the weekend to explore this side of twitter as I know I need to get to grips with this platform, but always end up giving up.
    Don't try to do too much at once Claudia, it will give you a headache.

Try choosing one aspect to get familiar with and once you're comfortable with that move onto another aspect.
  • I don't use Tweetdeck for 'normal' tweeting – just for #writingchat and scheduling.

I could use it for everything, but I've got used to doing it the other way, so don't.
  • Thanks, all. I don't know what it is about twitter and why I find it so user unfriendly. Facebook was so straightforward.
    (But I figure that if Trump can get the hang of using twitter, surely I can!!)
  • I much prefer Twitter - you can filter out anything or anyone and just see your immediate interests. Facebook controls what you see and I don't like that.
  • Tonight we're talking about film of the book - yes or no?

We're on Twitter from 8-9 pm. Just look for and use the #writingchat # in your posts so we can see you and respond.
  • 15 minutes it's #writingchat, and tonight it's all about is blogging still worth doing?

Join us on Twitter from 8 pm and use the # when you tweet so we see your comments. 
  • Tonight's topic (starting in 45 mins) is 'finding time to write'. Everyone welcome - but do try to remember the #writingchat hashtag, so we can see your comments.
  • edited November 2018
    Tonight it's our annual gifts for writers suggestions, just in case you're looking for ideas of what you might want to put on your wish list for Christmas.

Join in at 8 pm and don't forget to use the #writingchat # so we see your tweets.
  • edited November 2018
    Okay, I'm logged into twitter - it's 5 past but I can't find anyone chatting.

Oh - for heaven's sake - just realised I'm a day late!!

*retreats blushing*
  • edited November 2018
    Just retweeted a couple of your posts Claudia.

#writingchat is on Wednesday night's.

On Thursday at 8 pm there's usually #histficchat but the writer who does that is ill so has cancelled this week's.

If you want to see last night's #writingchat put the hashtag into the search box and click the search icon, it will bring up the tweets. If you're interested in the responses to a particular tweet just click on it, it will bring up that tweet with all responses underneath. When you've finished just click that tweet off and it will go back to the search results.
  • Claudia said:
    Okay, I'm logged into twitter - it's 5 past but I can't find anyone chatting.

Oh - for heaven's sake - just realised I'm a day late!!

*retreats blushing*
     :) 
  • And just realised, courtesy of TN, that I made a hash (excuse the pun) of my last pinned tweet. And I couldn't see how to edit it, so deleted and tweeted it again.

*sighs*
  • You'll get it eventually. Try five or ten minutes each day to build familiarity and confidence.
  • None of us got it right from day one. 
  • Tonight it's book recommendations.

8 pm on Twitter and don't forget the #...
  • On #writingchat tonight the topic is reviewing the writing year. All writers welcome – just tweet 8-9 UK time, using the hashtag.
  • Tonight it's what writers wear. Join us at 8 pm on Twitter with the #writingchat hashtag.
  • If you need some writer chat then join #writingchat for an hour 8-9 pm. We've got a question time session, so you're welcome to join in, just remember to use the #... 
  • Tonight's topic is full time versus part-time writing.

8 pm on Twitter, just look for and use the hashtag with your tweets.
  • The topic this week is Procrastination and how to stop it.

Join us at 8 pm on Twitter. Just look for or use search to find the #writingchat #. If you're joining in don't forget to use the hashtag over wise your comments will get lost and we won't see them.
  • Do you really understand copyright? That's our topic tonight between 8 and 9 pm.

Don't forget to look for and use the #writingchat #...
  • Well I did try. I commented on PM's message and I definitely used the writing chat hash tag, but I could only see my comment on PM's thread. No sign of it on the writing chat thread. I followed some of the chat, but didn't try to comment again. No idea what I was doing wrong.
    I know I keep saying this, but I still don't 'get' how twitter works.
  • Did you use the #writingchat hashtag as all one word? As I know someone else the other week didn't and their tweets never showed up.

When you're next on Twitter, go to the search box type in #writingchat and see what comes up.
    The hashtag does get used by others so you might need to scroll down to find those from last night.

You can click on an individual tweet to open it, and if others have replied to it their tweets will appear below that- think of it as a fan, the top stick of the fan is the tweet, when you open the fan (the tweet) the other leaves (tweets) appear. :)

• I can see Claudia's #writingchat tweet. 
  • edited February 2019
    Claudia, when you tweeted did you put @whoever first in the tweet? Because if you did only that person you tweeted to would see it.

According to your twitter profile the last public tweet showing was 3rd February.
  • edited February 2019
    It was a reply. I can see it. Two other accounts 'liked' it - Patsy and Nita.