Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

#writingchat

Comments

• If you can't see it, it will be because of your own settings. I view them in TweetDeck. 
  • Makes you wonder if Twitter isn't mucking around with the reach like Facebook do...

• It doesn't work in the same way, Carol. I know you've mentioned in the past not seeing some of the # tweets. I would look at your settings. 
  • Settings? Settings?

*goes off to look at Twitter settings*
  • Baggy, I've checked my settings and can't see any reason why I'm not seeing Claudia's tweets.
  • edited February 2019
  • My comments are blank - or were.

• On Twitter or TweetDeck? All I can suggest is you google the issue. I don't have a problem and I don't do anything out of the ordinary. TweetDeck includes everything – even tweets that begin 'at'
  • I use Twitter on my desktop and only use Tweetdeck for the scheduled tweets.
  • That might be the problem, Carol.
  • I've now done the unfollow then refollow. Have to go out shortly so will google the issue later.
  • I don't always see all the #writingchat tweets either, even when I'm in Tweetdeck. On a few occasions I've seen some tweets in the chat from one person, but not all. 

At one time I'd muted someone without realising, so missed their tweets – but I missed everything by them, not just the odd one. Most often it happens with people I'm not following, but I do see some tweets from people in that category so it's not the whole answer.

I usually realise I've missed something because someone else's reply does show up. If I click that to reveal the whole thread then I do see the original tweet.

Could it be because there are often quite a flurry of tweets and if they overlap one gets lost? 
  • I often see tweets the next morning that I didn't see during the session.
  • Tonight our topic is second-hand books: the pros and cons. Join us over on Twitter from 8-9 pm.

If you tweet us don't forget the #writingchat #.

If you want to follow the conversation just put #writingchat into the search box, and when the list of tweets is generated click 'Latest' in the top bar.

It does seem to help if you're following one or both of us.
  • #writingchat tonight from 8-9 pm on Twitter is all about when you're stuck, where do you seek help with your writing?

For anyone who accesses Twitter on a mobile and has trouble with being seen, have a look at this Twitter help page: https://help.twitter.com/en/managing-your-account/changing-your-mobile-notification-preferences

• Tonight's #writingchat subject is 'ideas for outlining your novel'. To join in the discussion just tweet 8-9 using the hashtag.
  • Tonight on #WritingChat we're talking about mixing our genres. To join in just tweet 8-9 UK time, using the hashtag.
  • Tonight on #WritingChat we're talking about mixing our genres. To join in just tweet 8-9 UK time, using the hashtag.
    Simples. TN, simples. 
  • She did it! Nearly all the time ...
  • Any outstanding confusions?

Claudia, what is it that you're still not clear on?
  • Tonight's #writingchat topic is ' to do' lists. Do they help or hinder? To join the discussion just tweet 8-9 using the hashtag.
  • Tonight on #WritingChat the topic is making the most of Twitter for writers. Do join us 8-9 UK time, by tweeting with the hashtag.
  • Tonight's #WritingChat topic is tax – home and away. To join in the conversation, or ask for advice, just tweet 8-9 (BST) using the hashtag.
  • Tonight's topic is writing retreats.
  • Tonight's #WritingChat topic is professional writing organisations – which are worth joining? To join the discussion, tweet 8-9 BST using the hashtag. Everyone welcome.
  • Tonight on #writingchat our topic is writing competitions. Join the discussion between 8 and 9 pm using the hashtag.

Look forward to seeing you there.
  • Tonight on #writingchat from 8-9 on Twitter, the topic is top tips for writers.

All welcome.

Look for and use the #writingchat #...
  • Tonight 8-9 pm.

What's so bad about adjectives? We'll even include adverbs for variety...

Join us with the #writingchat #
  • Tonight's topic is first chapter.
  • Join us tonight for our #writingchat topic: When is it time to say, ’this just isn’t working for me anymore.’

From 8-9 pm, all welcome.
  • It's just about to start!
  • edited June 2019
    Tonight's #Writingchat topic is Blogging: making the most of your blog. Hope you can join us 8-9 BST Everyone welcome, whether you have your own blog, are thinking of starting one, or want to find some good ones to read.
  • Tonight's topic is – how has your writing changed since you started?
  • Tonight it's holiday reading – and writing.
  • Tonight it's summer reading recommendations.

That's from 8-9 pm on Twitter and remember to use the #writingchat hashtag. :)
  • On tonight's #writingchat over on Twitter from 8-9 pm it's does inspiration strike more often in the summer?

• edited August 2019
    Tonight's topic is first drafts needn't be scary.

That's over on Twitter from 8-9 pm and you can find us by looking for the #writingchat #...
  • Tonight on #writingchat it's about DIY writers retreats.

Join us on Twitter from 8-9 pm- or at any time during that hour.

Just look for and use the #writingchat #...
  • Tonight, over on Twitter 8-9 pm our topic is deadlines: how do you manage them?
  • Tonight on #writingchat from 8-9 pm we're discussing burnout. Join us over on Twitter and find us and comment using the #...
  • At 8 pm it's our nine month review.
  • Tonight it's character arcs over on Twitter from 8-9. Don't forget to look for and use the #...
  • Who's doing #Nano?

That's our #writingchat topic tonight from 8-9 over on Twitter.

Look for and don't forget to use the #...
  • Just about to start ...
  • This week the topic is planning a novel.

You're welcome to join in with #writingchat from 8-9 pm, but don't forget to use the #...
  • Tonight's #writingchat is keep learning.

You can join us over on Twitter from 8-9 tonight. Just look for and use the #writingchat #
  • Not my subject, but I'll try to figure out how to at least follow the chat. (I have an almost perfect failure rate on twitter.)
  • Claudia said:
    . (I have an almost perfect failure rate on twitter.)
    Then you need to learn how to use it!

Learning isn't just the basics of how to write. It covers research, marketing, social media, trying new forms and genres – all kinds of things.