Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

WIN a book!

edited June 2018 in Writing
I have announced a draw on Twitter. If you'd like to win a paperback copy of The Secret of Pooks Wood, a quintessentially English time-slip adventure for MG readers, just retweet. A winner will be chosen at random on 23rd June.

UK entrants only!

When twins Lily and Ollie are stranded at Great Hawkesden Manor over Christmas with their mother Stella, they have no idea what will happen when they find an old glass snow globe. Inside it not only is there a miniature model of the manor house, there is magic.

This is one of the books I have lost reviews for, hence the promotion!

Tagged:

Comments

• Oooh! I'll pop on over there now :)
  • What are MG readers, TN?
  • Middle Grade, Claudia. It's a U.S. term but widely recognised as readers of 8-12.
  • Ah! (But only widely recognised by people with children?)
  • Plus publishers, agents, bloggers, reviewers and writers who dabble in that area!
  • Fair enough, TN. But - playing devil's advocate - it's still an unknown abbreviation by the rest of us.
  • Perhaps the next post you say that it's 8-12, so you get everyone with your competition posts...
  • I was limited by characters, Carol, which is why I had to use #mg, but maybe I can fiddle around with it next time!
  • My gosh! So many entrants and it runs until next Saturday. I am going to need something bigger than a hat to pick out of!