Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Scheduling tweets

edited October 2018 in Writing
I know some of you do this, but for the life of me, I can't see how to arrange it!

I have clicked everything on Twitter, searched Tweetdeck and have consulted Google which says to click on the 'Creatives' tab. What the heck is that?

Is it possible to do it easily using common or garden Twitter?

Comments

• I use Tweetdeck for scheduling the #writingchat tweets.

• edited October 2018
    Tweetdeck is a good option.

Write a tweet and click on 'schedule tweet'. Choose the date and time.
  • Ah, yes! Now I see it. You have to tell it that you are going to write a tweet before it gives the option. Hooray!

Thank you, my learned friends!
  • And you can check you've got everyone correct, just refresh your page and click the clock symbol at the bottom of the column- or wherever it is in your set-up. It will show you the column with your tweets in date and time order.

I always check it as I sometimes forget to change the pm/am bit if I'm in a rush.

• Isn't it a 24 hour clock? That stops mistakes like that...
  • TN, you can add one image to a scheduled tweet. If you need to add more, pop them into a Canva tweet design.
  • OK, thanks.

I made a jpeg of a poem for National Poetry Day tomorrow.
  • Isn't it a 24 hour clock? That stops mistakes like that...
    It may depend on what device you're using it on, but for me it only uses the 12 hour clock so I have to choose AM or PM.

• Same with me.
  • Yes, I had to select am.
  • TBH, it's not an issue, Liz.
  • No, it wouldn't be for me, but seems so for Carol.
  • A little harsh, Liz. I'm sure I'm not alone in scheduling a tweet from the wrong account. Stuff happens, especially when we're busy.
  • It's usually when I get interrupted as I'm about to set the am or pm, Liz.
    I always do the time, am/pm and date first before I write the tweet. So if I'm not disturbed it's fine.
  • A little harsh, Liz. I'm sure I'm not alone in scheduling a tweet from the wrong account. Stuff happens, especially when we're busy.
    I don't see what you mean. Carol posted about it, so it's not beyond the scope of imagination to think she is worried about the am/pm thing. I thought that was the point of her post? I don't know what you mean about wrong account.

• Liz, I wasn't worried about it. It was just so TN knew to check it, as she was unfamiliar with the layout of that bit.

If you're signed into Twitter and open tweetdeck you may not be on the twitter account you want to schedule for. Easy to do if you're busy.

• It's the same with 'likes' and 'retweets' - I prefer to keep my account themes separate. If I'm involved in an #hour or #event I tend to use a different Tweetdeck so that I can only contribute as the correct profile.
  • Aaah, I didn't see that bit of your post. I haven't had that problem yet...

I was reading the other day actually that you can combine both accounts on Tweetdeck... so have one column for example from another account on the same Tweetdeck. There lies madness, methinks. But I am considering it I have to admit as so many times I have to come out of one account and log in on the other to tweet the same thing...
  • That's what I have, Liz – a Tweetdeck for all accounts. It isn't madness but you do need to take care with 'likes' and 'retweets'.
  • Oh, goodness. Do the columns look different at all? I suppose I'd have to label them, 'Me poets' and CPS poets' or something.
  • Try it and see. I find it works very well. Having different account profile images helps, obviously. Also, my Twitter names are very different and that also helps.
  • Yes, mine are too, plus the profiles are different colours and images, so it maybe ok.