Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

TALKBACK GOING DOWN

Comments

• Webbo said:
    Found the quote button now, let me know if you can't see it
  • Oh, where did that come from?
  • Oh, where did that come from?
  • Turning off the animojis for now since they don't work. 
  • Roger that.  B)
  • edited October 2018
    Webbo, I just get a page saying 'something has gone wrong'. It worked fine before. Currently on my PC, where it is working.
  • It was me fiddling Heather, sorry. That's the error when I activate a dodgy plugin. 
  • Webbo said:
    It was me fiddling Heather.
    Leave Heather alone! 
  • Still says the same.

Fiddle away!

• Found those animated emojis though, in the comment box

Quote is not working like it used to. I highlighted your post Webbo, then clicked the quote in the format option. This opened a pale box within the posting box. But it was blank, so copied and pasted the highlighted quote from your post and pasted it in, but can't get out of the box to write this text.

Don't see the animated emojis. Could it be Adblock or ghostery being on that is limiting what we see?

• Webbo said earlier that he'd removed them because they weren't working properly, Carol. 
  • Thanks Baggy.

• FYI, we had a button and could click on them. That was it. They wouldn't appear in a comment. It was all very sad.  :'(
  • I can see the quote button now, hooray! I never found animated emojis... *sobs*
  • edited October 2018
    Still jumps back to the top when trying to post. Can’t get any emojis animated or otherwise.
     “sighs”
  • The other thing it doesn't do that I miss, is highlighting your own posts in a thread. It made them much easier to find.
  • Yes, after half a day away from TB I forget what was going on and want to jump straight in where I left off. This doesn't happen now.
  • I've just noticed that the originator of a thread is no longer named which might explain why our newest member's thread isn't getting many posts to welcome her. I hope you'll be able to reinstate this function, Webbo.
  •  Some new posts are not showing as new posts for me and two new threads have appeared, also not showing as new. 
    “sighs”
  • I've had that too.
  • Moi aussi.
  • edited October 2018
    Didn't realise you were Australian Liz, I expect you know my son in law, Daryl :)
  • I do, but I'd rather not talk about him here. 
  • There have been updates...  <3
  • only little things!
  • Webbo, you know we never judge by size on here.  ;)
  • Wish I could move that quote button! It seems to be right in the way.
    There is supposedly a "like" function running, but I can't find it.
  • Running AND hiding - how dare it?
  • Claudia said:
    I've just noticed that the originator of a thread is no longer named which might explain why our newest member's thread isn't getting many posts to welcome her. I hope you'll be able to reinstate this function, Webbo.
    You've fixed it! Thank you!
  • I find it odd that when someone comments on a thread i started, it shows as a pm on my message page. 
  • You need to go to your profile and untick a box, Lizy.
  • Aha! *zoomz off to find profile*
  • Webbo, you can't edit quotes - I always used to press quote delete the portion of the quote not relevant to my answer. That is no longer possible.

Also, you can't flag posts.

Also, as dora can't use the forum on her phone, she has left. Hoping you can sort that out. But am wondering if you can as the old nature of this forum seems to preclude its easy use on a phone. I can't use it on my iphone. It's very tricky, can't see my answers, can't see what I'm answering, sometimes I can see the comments, sometimes I can't... it still jumps up to the top of the thread when i am trying to comment so you have no idea what you are typing. It's awful. And more awful than it was.
  • edited October 2018
    I thought you could edit quotes.

You can. I just have.
  • I wonder if what can be done depends on the device you're accessing Talkback on?
  • Maybe. I'm sure Webbo will undertake an 'all platforms' test when he can. 
  • Yes, I couldn't do it when I tried on lappy... 

• Maybe. I'm sure Webbo will undertake an 'all platforms' test.
    Ok, I can on mac desk top.
  • It's not just jumpy on my phone - it won't open at all!
  • LizLiz
    edited October 2018
    I should imagine these sorts of problems must be besetting the entire forum, not just talkback, and people can't access it on their phone which must be affecting the way and if it is used. It seems madness to keep on with this creaky old thing. It's like stepping back into the 90s looking at the front page of the forum. 
  • If I recall - the reason is because if Webbo changes the forum we will lose all the existing threads.
    Perhaps most members don't delve into old threads, but I often do. There is a huge amount of helpful stuff if you care to look.
    This ability has been invaluable in finding my old anecdotes which has helped my book research enormously. I'd also be particularly sorry to lose my stories on the One Word Challenge threads. 
    If Webbo were to decide to delete everything and start anew, I hope he'll give sufficient warning so that I can at least retrieve my stuff. 
  • One of the updates before this one lost all the stuff, too, so we haven't got really old stuff. i lost all my drawings etc. But help goes round again. Hopefully we would have warning. 
  • Does the page keep jumping about for anyone else, when not on their phone?
  • The page jumps when it saves to draft what I'm writing - otherwise, it's fine.

Incidentally, I can access all the threads I started back to 2007.
  • Really? Wow...

• Same with me. Also, some of the previous profile info has reappeared. 
  • Has it, ooh, must have a look later! Cooking sausages atm... picked 4 huge mixing bowls of grapes with son and have been talking em round the village. And juicing them. I am so fed up with juicing and taking grapes off stalks...
  • Use a fork, liz. 
  • A fork! Oooh, will try that with the next lot. Thanks.