Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Who's in February 08's magazines, due out 3rd Jan?

2»

Comments

• I look forward to reading your bench story, Polly, as I was going to enter one myself - until, that is, 'real life' intervened. !!
  • My magazines arrived today which is excellent -congratulations to all winners- i havent had any success since 1997!Possibly because I rarely enter- what do they say -you have to be in to win!!!!
    I was a bit disappointed when I first saw the interviews in Writing Magazines - I hadn't heard of any of the writers - do I lead a very sheltered life? Am I alone here?
  • Well done Polly. Look forward to reading your story.
  • edited January 2008
    I haven't received my magazine yet, it's annoying. ... I'm impatient, I know.
  • Well done, Polly.
  • Lovely poem, Kateyanne.
  • I've just received my magazines.
    I havent had a chance to read through properly yet but a quick skim has revealed both Kateyanne's poem and Dorothy's letter.
    I look forward to reading them later.
    Well done to both of you.
  • Doh! I raced through the mags because of a New Year's resolution (more time doing, less time procrastinating) and missed Kateyanne's poem. As I type this, I can hear the binmen taking the recycling box away... Kateyanne, could you possibly email it to me? Especially as you appear to live nearly next door to me...

I read the winning stories, though; very good writing in the WM (Sea) and very very poor again in the WN (also offensive to any agoraphobics)...
  • Well done Polly, firstly. For two comp wins. I was a little disappointed on a personal note, because I entered, but rather than be sour about it I will again say congrats to Polly and I look forward to reading it. Secondly, I want to find out if I came third, or not at all. Only cos if I didn't I could resubmit after a bit of editing. Should I call writers news and ask? It can't hurt to ask right?
  • Check the competition pages of the WN/WM site for the competition you entered as I know they have some details there, and it might save an uneccesary phone call.
  • Thanx Carol, will check.
  • Gabrielle, I have complained to WN and WM direct about the amount of interviews, as I have rarely heard of these people either, so they are of no interest to me. It was a long thought out email and I did count the interviews (six!) and said that is far too many, we need more How To articles instead, so we can be part of the great Published Mob.
    My copies arrived this morning, along with a veritable heap of mail. Seems to have been a backlog somewhere in the system. Normally Tuesday's mail is the quiet one.
    Congratulations to everyone who is in the magazines, I will get to read you later!
  • Yes congratulations Polly. You also managed to gazump me to a prize in that one!
  • edited January 2008
    congrats Polly,
    avyanka will send my poem asap but i have no internet access at the mo as we are renting a flat for a few months and the woman before us had talk talk and hasn't cancelled it so BT won't give me a line yet for my aol which i love, I don't want talk talk.
    I am in Horsham library at the mo have signed on with their internet that is hwere we are now living.

Betsie glad you liked my poem still can't believe I got first prize!

Josette forgot to say as you can see i am now in Horsham. When I get my internet connection back i will email you about my books. The last one is called Serena and The Moor's Last Sigh and is available from Amazon I am sure your daughter would love it!
  • Kateyanne, your book title sounds very familiar. Was there something about you in the local papers (Reigate & Redhill)?
  • edited January 2008
    Thanks Kateyanne. I will have a look on Amazon.
  • Polly, congrats on winning the bench story. There was a bench poem competition running at the same time. I entered that but have heard nothing so I guess I didn't win! Dorothyd, I agree we need more how-to and fewer interviews. Writers Forum have the opposite view, having just told me they don't want how-to stuff, just insider info from authors and editors. I suppose the two mags do need to have a different focus or nobody would buy both. By the way, WN and WM for Feb have been out for ages now but no sign of WF. Has anyone spotted Feb's issue in the shops yet?
  • My mags have been delivered to Spain. So I can't catch up with anything. Boo hoo.
  • Congratulations Katyanne, Polly and DorothyD.
    I've also noticed that Howard was shortlisted so a big well done to you, too, Howard!
  • Congrats all round!!
  • edited January 2008
    Viv, I bought WF on Friday in WH Smiths, so it is now out.

Congrats to everyone who got a listing.
  • I havent seen WF yet. Congratulations to all who managed to get in. I look forward to seeing everyone's contributions.
  • yes a well done to Howard I saw that too.
  • At last I am home with the magazines and can read all your worthy entries. Well done to you all.
  • Oh, I am in exalted company! Congratulations to you published people! I'm going to read the stories and poems again, Kateyanne, the moon poem was masterly.
  • I've just read the items from Kateyanne, Polly, Dreamer and Dorothy. Congratulations! And well done to Howard, who was shortlisted.
  • where is Howard? (don't tell me Spain, will you???) and Crazy Horse and ...
  • Thanks Quillfinger!