Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Current Talkback Problems

2»

Comments

• All we can do in the meantime is check the log in box when we first log in or when we go to add to a thread.
  • To avoid coming up as Tracy- log in using the boxes at the top of the page before you add to any threads, this avoids the message going under Tracy's name.
    I've found if I click on reply without logging in first it comes up as Tracy and I need to log out.
  • I never - well, hardly ever - have to log in and have had no identity problems recently. It's a weird gremlin but I reckon we're on our own until after Christmas.
  • I hardly ever have to log in either and I`m still me - I think...
  • Still keep having to go back and resubmit my password - but I can live with that as I have always been me!
  • I have had logging-in problems myself, but only when using windows explorer as a browser; all ok when using the firefox browser.  I would like to suggest that those having problems give firefox a try!

I downloaded firefox after having problems with internet banking - I can only log on to my bank account using firefox, and it was my bank that suggested it as a 'fix'.
  • I use Firefox too.
  • Won't even accept my password now - BOING!
  • Hi, Jon.

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but when I do a search I get only one page of results, even when I know there should be more.

Can you fix it?
  • At least I'm no longer getting the Tracy problem.
  • Still having to go back and re-new my password to post.
  • I get the Logged in message, when submitting a thread, and have to go back and resubmit again.
  • I'm using Firefox, works OK for me. Usually quicker than IE
  • Found another glitch - sorry Jon!
    Not sure if it's the same as the one mentioned by Jay.
    Under Members' profiles, I can't get beyond the first page of listed posts.  One used to be able to keep clicking on 'More', but it's disappeared. 
    A small but irritating thing as I've always used it to find threads I've contributed to.
  • Thought I'd bounce this one back to the top (if  it lets me), although suspect Jon won't be around til after New Year.
  • Thanks Claudia, I couldn't remember what this thread was called, so started an Errors for Jon in the meantime.
    He'll have plenty to do when he gets back to work.
  • Happy New Year, Jon!!
  • Jon, are you Jonathan Telfer or another Jon?
  • I'd suspect they are two different people, Jay.
  • Another one to keep near the top for tomorrow.
  • Happy New year Jon - boing!
  • Happy New Year Jon, Webbo and the webbettes.  Also happy new year to all TBers.  Just bouncing this back up and thought I would kill two birds with one stone.
  • Hello, hello is anyone back in the office?
  • There seems to be a problem with the "Goals for the Coming Year" thread in Writers' World. I've tried adding to it twice. The first time, the previous 47 posts seemed to vanish completely. The second time, the previous posts were not restored and my comment was not added.

Just to let you know.
  • Suggest you add this to the thread right at the top of the page of threads- it's marked (sticky) before the title.
  • It seems to have restored itself now (and my missing posts have reappeared) but I don't know whether it was just a temporary glitch in the system or whether Jon fixed it manually :)
  • I probably shouldn't tempt fate but I'm not having any problems - why is that?
  • Because you don't want complicated things done.