Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

ERRORS FOR JON

edited December 2007 in - WM and WN

Comments

• Sorry wasn't sure if I would find the thread you set up recently.
    I keep having to log in after I've already logged in- not every time admittedly.
    Then just now I was adding to a thread and pressed submit but got an INVALID LOGIN message, telling me to go back to my browser- but I was logged in correctly. Couldn't proceed so had to log out, then back in to get it to work.
  • I have identical problems - sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.
  • Thanks CC, does anyone else have this problem?
  • I've had none of the log-in problems you describe Carol.  Strange how this affects you regularly and me not at all.  (Oh oh - it's bound to happen to me now I've said that.)
  • I haven't had to log in for a while. It's strange how some people have this problem more often than others.
  • Yes it's odd that they don't effect everyone. It was reassuring to know CC is having the same problem as me.
  • Ditto Carol.
  • I'm consistently logged in these days, very strange.
  • When I post I have to log in, then when I submit it says 'Logged In', but I have to press 'Back' and reenter the password I just entered and press submit again. Then it works. A bit annoying when its every time, but at least it works in the end.
  • Yes, I get that too if I use the log-in on the reply screen.
    I'm trying to remember to log in first (boxes on the left hand side at the top of the threads)before I start replying, that way it doesn't happen.
  • Anymore for attention?
  • Sometimes searches don't seem to work e.g. when I search for

February 08's

I get an error message even though

Who's in February 08's magazines, due out 3rd Jan?

exists.

(But, if I'm making a new post, it'll suggest the 'error' item.)

See also the thread

Current Talkback Problems
  • I noticed that Jay. I was looking for something and it didn't come up in the search, though I know it was there somewhere, so I had to start a new thread.
  • Another problem - it's not a new one, so you may already be aware of it - is this.

I searched for Highs and Lows of 2007. On the thread, it says

Posted by niddy 18/12/2007

but against the first item it says

Author Daisy 04/12/2007

Any ideas what's happening?

Also, sometimes the 'Author' is blank.
  • I think that was when we started getting identity problems occuring regularly. I'm sure Daisy mentioned it at the time, or someone did.
  • Let's keep this near the top for Jon or Webbo for tomorrow.
  • Do people in England work tomorrow? Scotland doesn't go back until Thursday!
  • Sadly tomorrow is a normal work day here.
  • But the children don't go back to school do they - I seem to recall we were both talking about the 7th on that score?
  • Jon - copyright is still saying 2007.
  • To the top.
    (Yes, schools go back on the 7th.)
  • But Scotland doesn't have Boxing Day off, does it?
  • Yes, we have that as well. We don't have Good Friday if that's any consolation!