Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Play nicely

edited December 2007 in - WM and WN

Comments

• Hi everyone,
    As I'm sure most of you are aware, I try to leave Talkbackers to their own devices as much as possible.
    I wish we could devote more time and resources to the site (we also publish magazines, you know!) but we obviously do keep an eye on proceedings. If we get to the stage where zero tolerance moderation of Talkback becomes a full-time job, or comments undermine our integrity, we will have to question its presence on the site.
    Conversation and debate on here is all well and good - it's what Talkback is for – but please try and keep on the right side of each other.
    Before posting, whatever the topic, please consider how other people will react to your words. It can be hard to see the other side, but as writers we should be capable of some empathy, at least. And the same goes for reading posts.

Christmas, for some of us, is coming. Wherever you are and whatever your belief, I hope you will all accept my very best wishes for the season of goodwill, and for a happy new year.
    Webbo
  • thanks, Webbo! Every good wish for Christmas and 2008, here's hoping the website doesn't give you too many problems! :)
  • is there a way of using smilies on this site? would those would help?
  • Well said, Webbo.
    Happy Christmas to everyone at WN/WM!

Jemma - I've noticed that a few people know how to put tiny smilies in their posts.
  • Same to you, Webbs - and many of 'em!
  • Glad to know you are there Webbo. ☺ ☻
  • I've been offline  for a while. What's been going on?
  • There was some heated disagreement over certain comments. It's been sorted out now, except that some people said they were leaving Talkback.

We're hoping they'll come back.
  • Thanks Webbo. And a very Merry Christmas to you and all the staff at WN/WM, and a Happy New Year.
  • Nice one Webbo.  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and the Webbettes.
  • Just noticed that you have removed the two threads that caused all the upset.  Thank you Webbo.
  • Dearest Webbo (and Webbettes)
    Compliments of this season of goodwill to you are your helpers.

And to all TBers
    I drink to your health when I'm with you
    I drink to  your health when alone
    I drink to your health so often
    I've just about wrecked my own. (hic)
  • Virtual bottle of BC coming at ya Marc.  My Christmas pressie to you.  Enjoy.
  • I like that, Marc :) Cheers.
  • Thank you Webbo. Happy Christmas to you and to your family. I enjoy the two magazines and the fun and stimulation of Talkback.
  • Thank you Webbo - Merry Christmas and see, we are playing nicely - aren't you coming to the party?
  • Wise words Webbo. 
    Lessons have been learned.
    I am very very glad those awful threads have been deleted.
  • How true. Thank you for your understanding and wise words. Happy Christmas, Webbo.
  • Thank you Webbo, and merry Christmas one and all ;-)
  • Glad to have you back, amboline :o)
  • Well done Webbo and welcome back Amboline.  Merry Christmas to all.
  • Thanks, Webbo.  Happy Christmas too.  Don't worry about a thing while you go off for your Christmas parties and dinner.  We're all going to be ever so good.
  • now can we persuade the website to play nicely too? We're all having problems one way and another still!
  • I thouht maybe we should keep this near the top for a while
  • Try 'Current Talkback Problems' if you have a problem re TB. Jon is there to keep an eye on us.