Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

They've arrived!!!

edited October 2007 in - WM and WN

Comments

• Okay, I know it's a bit strange to get so worked up, but my replacement copies (which I rang up for on Monday) arrived today.
    Sad to say the original has clearly gone astray- somewhere between dispatch and destination.
    I can settle down and catch up on everything over the weekend.
    6 days before the December issue comes out- so I better get on.
  • What a relief.  Happy reading.
  • 6 days before the next one! That soon.

( Glad you have your copies Carol, still waiting for mine to get to me)
  • Mine too. Hrmph!
  • You wouldn't believe this, the original turned up in this morning's post!
  • oh I would ... I sent a card to my friend in the States two weeks ago, with the requisite address sticker on the back.  It was delivered to me yesterday, with the franking mark over my address and her clearly labelled (not handwritten) address, airmail sticker and 78p stamp as pristine as when it went ... so the Royal Mail is capable of just about anything ...
    including finally finding your copies!
  • That is typical!

( are the post strikes finished over there now?)
  • I just wonder how many other lost/delayed post will turn up next week.
  • Some vitamin pills posted (in the UK) on 24th September have not yet arrived, but a replacement bottle posted on 23rd October arrived the next day.
  • second class letters sent yesterday afternoon have seemingly arrived already, we have had orders this morning.  Yet an ebay customer tells me not to post her parcel until this coming Friday as Liverpool have such a backlog they are not getting any mail out.  That's nearly 3 weeks she's waited now, that is so unfair when she's paid for the books.
  • Kateyanne, the strikes are finished, they've only just made the final agreements this past week.
    It just seems that there are backlogs in some areas worse than others.
    Dorothy, Liverpool was one of the sorting offices that had additional unofficial strikes because of actions taken by management when they came back from the first strike- changing their start and finish times without consultation.
  • And for anyone waiting for anything from the South-East should read:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml;jsessionid=3G20HCO1OVO3DQFIQMGSFF4AVCBQWIV0?xml=/news/2007/10/28/npost128.xml
  • Thanks Carol
  • As a result of the postal strikes I have been delaying sending off for stuff from Amazon and Lakeland. Here's hoping everything is okay now.
  • Yes, I've been waiting to do my online Christmas shopping from those two too.
  • Delighted for you Carol. Was just glad I had mine to read when out internet connection went down for so long. First we had the post, last week-end we had a gas leak, then we had the power cut, followed by the lack of mobile phone reception, then we lost our internet connection. Is it surprising that I feel a wee bit paranoid? Finally I feel as if I'm back in the land of the living.