Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Talkback

edited July 2007 in - Writing Problems

Comments

• Why is it when I write a reply and want to correct it and click on the 'back' arrow, I get a complete blank in the message box? This leaves me with  typos  I find annoying but cannot correct short of rewriting the whole posting again...
  • this is an odd one, I can go back and correct, not sure why you are having yours stripped out. Webbo, any thoughts???
  • Are you trying to go back after you've clicked the final submit?
    You can always return from the preview box- usually- but not once you've pressed the submit box on the preview page.
  • No, I try to go back before clicking submit. Follow the instructions, write my piece, read it, see that there's a typo, click on back and land up with the empty box, my message gone and only the topic line still intact. Weird...
  • Hi Clarissa
    I had the same problem when I first started using talkback. Can't remember how it was rectified or if it was just me. Anyway try this;

Before selecting the back arrow highlight the message and select Ctrl+C, you have josut copied the message to your comps. clipboard.
    Now when you go back and your faced witha blank screen
    Select Ctrl+V this will copy everything back and you can carry on as if it never vanished. In fact I'm so used to it, it almost comes automatic with me know
  • That's useful to know IT.
    It may be a problem that has occured since one of the updates.
    Suggest you let Webbo know of your difficulty, he may have a solution. Email:[email protected]
  • I compose my messages in word – very helpful for spellchecker, and then copy and paste into the box. If there was a problem in the intervening time I’ve still got the message there in word and can just paste it again.
  • Josie did you know you can drag and drop from word into talkback.
    That’s how I did this reply to make sure it works
    Want to know how?
  • The problem was rectified Carol, I just don't know how but all is ok now, still use the Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V a lot though
  • Is that similar to Copy and Paste?
  • No all done in one movement
  • May be useful

Obviously you need both your Word open and Talkback - it must be at the reply stage

Compose your reply in word when finished highlight the whole reply.
    Click on mouse and hold down at the same time drag to the button for the talkback reply on the task bar.
    Your mouse pointer will/may change to a monochrome ‘No Entry’ sign. This is normal as you can not drag and drop on to that button

Keep the mouse pressed whilst on the button and Talkback will auto open to the reply page you left.
    Now simply drag to the reply area and drop

Job Done
    Again that’s how I did this to make sure it works. By the way I use Word 2003, I don’t see why it shouldn’t work with any other Microsoft word