Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

lost poetry competitions

VivViv
edited July 2007 in - WM and WN

Comments

• Just what has happened to some of the DSJT poetry competitions that appeared in the magazines last year just before the new competitions system came in? We have, as far as I can tell, never seen the results of the pantoum competition, the moon poetry competition, the commuter poem and the Chaucerian roundel. I worked hard to write entries for all of these and honestly hoped I might win a prize. Closing dates long past and no winners published. Have they fallen down that great hole between the old system and the new, and how do we know if anyone actually did win? I do like to read the winners and see why they beat my entry, don't you?
  • Write and ask them or phone? I always chase things up. A lot of time and money is spent on entering competitions and it really annoys me when you don't hear. And I agree, I want to see the winning entries.
  • Did they have a website?
  • The curious incident of the lost toad - sorry lost ode.  Hope you manage to resolve this.
  • I've been wondering the same Viv, having entered both Moon and Chaucerian Roundel, but I haven't been able to find a website listing anywhere.
  • The DSJT Trust don't seem to have a website. The Google link just brings you back to this Writers News site we are already on! I suppose a letter to the magazine may be the only answer.
  • Viv - For quickness you could try emailing Webbo. He knows EVERYTHING!!
  • Yes, I have done that now Jenny, and emailed the magazine's letters page too, so let's see if anyone can enlighten us.
  • Viv - I emailed them back in March as I wanted to know where winning entries would be published. Their reply was very quick. All I can tell you is that the Open Poetry and Ghost Story will be in November's issue of WM.