Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Spell check

edited July 2007 in - Writing Problems

Comments

• Anyone know how to change a document from British to USA spellings and back? I live in New Zealand (we use British spellings) but I submit stories to the UK and USA. I know how to set up a document when beginning so that it uses either the UK or USA default dictionary, but if wish to submit to the other country I have to change many spellings. The only way I can see is by changing one word at a time. Is there a way of selecting the entire document to be checked in the other country's dictionary?
  • Hi,
    If you are using WORD- Highlight your story first then go into TOOLS -LANGUAGE - SET LANGUAGE - then pick English (US) instead of UK. This works for me but if there is a better way perhaps someone else can help. Regards, Beryl
  • Hello from someone else in NZ! I think Beryl's way is the easiest. If you change the default language setting it will affect all documents, so just highlight the text you want to check and change the language in the box underneath it to whatever type of English you want.